Tuesday, July 27, 2010

the grand abode of the grand Lady Arin

We had a ripping time. We always do, don't we, Milady? (Back me up, woman. Ack cough. Just kidding.) We watched Shakespeare in Love, which is rated R but very very good, and parts of A Room with a View, which is also good and has some scenes that are super awkward and laugh-aloud hilarious all at once. We read a lot of fanfiction. We talked boys. FOR HOURS. We took more than five hundred pictures over the course of three and a half days. And we dressed up and stuff. And there were GUNS involved. Observe. Sepia is fun. Ooh, look, windeeeeeee...
We took some in color too. Lady Arin had glitter all over her face and neck at this point, which, to my knowledge, still hasn't come out of her scalp. Oh, and I got her soaking wet too. We had the best hosefight in the history of the world. I lost, and she made me water my hair and then fling it around a lot. It was okay though, cuz it was about a bazillion degrees out thare.
I love that property. SO MUCH GREEEEEN. See the faerie path?
And lookit, I painted mah feetses. While the Lady was reading some Harry Potter fanfiction to me and I had nothing better to do. I did one of her legs too. Just cuz it was there, you know.

And I discovered this song, called The Labyrinth Waltz, by Kim Robertson, thanks to the Lady.


Doesn't it make you think of faeries dancing in a hidden hall, kind of slow and solemn? I think it's the most lovely, heart-wrenching, haunted melody THAT WILL BE PERFECT FOR THAELEN AND ANABETH, once she starts dying of the Blight and all. Gah.

And this one, called Ferry Me Across the Water, by the same artist, is also lovely. But I don't love it QUITE as much.

Also, I discovered that home-grown garden tomatoes do not offend me as much as I though.
ALSO, there was this little yellow finch-bird thing that came 'round and tapped on all the windows every morning to wake us up while I was there. We ended up naming him Erazmus. I kinda wanted to take him home with me, but he seemed pretty happy where he was. XD
So there's that stuff out of the way. I'm terribly unmotivated to do the FATP post, cuz it will be long and strenuous and I'll have to go through and find the pictures with no one's faces in them. So. Somebody had better poke me with a stick and get me moving. Or it'll never be done.
Commander Kip who actually made some HEADWAY on Chapter Twelve last night. That fight scene is being a beast.
*outraged British accent* Ouch, you're treading on me!
Normal is overrated!

5 comments:

AMZi said...

Hi Kippy!! What'd you use "painting" your feet? It reminds me of henna!

Commander Kip said...

Hi Amzi!! (nice to see you still exist and all... you coming to lunch on the 4th?) Actually, I used some old body crayons I got from a Klutz kit a million years ago. I'm shocked they still work, y'know? Lady Arin did have some henna, but my mom always yells at me when she finds out I've done it, so I prefer the wash-away-ables.

Valin Dana said...

ok im here to poke you with a stick for the, what did you call it?, FAPT post. *poke!*

Lady Arin said...

I love the treading quote!!! BTW go read your email NOW!!!! Yes I just got back late last night... and have sooo many BOY issues that need discussing!!! *falls dead asleep*

Commander Kip said...

@ Valin Dana: Thank you very much. XD

@ the Lady: Whoa, I need to call you...