Sunday, October 17, 2010

sketchmess

I dunno what was goin' on here. My brain wasn't workin' right. I think we should take it a bit at a time. This thing here is a design for a Farshorean battle shell. I might use it for the Queen's guards when I start working on Portals again. You know what that means, right? Yesss, that means Kyren and Saabra get to wear it. *minisquee* The sleeves are my favorite.
Look, another faerie. This is Twitch, you gaiz, and she lives under a trapdoor. Except not right now, because the trapdoor in question is not done yet. Whacky anatomy, I do not care.
Vin the Mistborn, with some knives, and looking quite unlike herself. I didn't feel like looking up the knives in the book, so they probably don't really look like that. BUT... the knives I got from the costume store for my Mistborn costume DO look like that, so there.
And this is Helm, the blacksmith of Erimon Hill and Nath's mentor. Bet I shocked you there. He's younger and prettier than any blacksmith ought to be. And he can haz SCARZ. Muaa. I have a feeling we'll be seeing quite a bit more of him in the second draft. Assuming I ever get around to the second draft.
I have nothing to say about the ballerina except that she's only there because I saw her on a poster somewhere and needed her to practice shoulder blades on.

And here I have a strange old sketch of Nath, which I found in my novel notebook from EIW last year. He looks odd. Perhaps it's his gimpy left arm, or maybe that cross-eyed growl he's doing. I dunno, never mind. HE'S BLIND NOW, BY THE WAY. As of last week. Mourn, peons, or I will eat your head. *cries, then cackles evilly*
I just watched Peter Pan again, with my dad this time. Eventually, every single one of my friends and family members WILL see this movie. It is my all-time favorite. The one-liners, gaah, and the beasty soundtrack, and the general gorgeous adorable hilarious AWESOME. I am overwhelmed by the awesome. I think I've done this rant before. Oh well; expect to hear it again at regular intervals. Best. Movie. EVAH.
Shutting up now.
Commander Kip
"Michael, are you shot?" "I haven't checked, but there's something worser!" "Oh, what could be worse?" "MY... THOUGHTS... AREN'T... VERY... HAPPEEEEEEE..."
Normal is overrated!


2 comments:

Lady Arin said...

TWITCH! She be da best! Although I do like the one of Nath, and the Mistborn! (help me think of a good costume por favor!!!) and since Nath is now blind, that means send me the next chapters!!! (I think I have up to chap 11)

Commander Kip said...

Hey, we have the same amount of chapters then. LOL. I'm still writing chapter 12. STILL.

Isn't she though? With her funky clawed feet and whiskers and the weird little tail?

You should be Isabelle from Mortal Instruments. That would be epic.