Wednesday, July 6, 2011

ZZT-ZZZZZZT-BRAIN-IN-OVERLOAD-ZZZZZZZZZZZT

Um, I'm back from the OYAN workshop!

And it was SO. FRIGGEN. AWESOME.

Like, I can't even process the awesome.


There were costumes involved. (Yep, that's a violin peg around my neck there. More on that later.)
And Doctor Who. (I need to see more of this now, because two episodes is NOT ENOUGH.) And excessive Sharpie abuse. (Seriously, it was everywhere.)


And unusual/improbable death scenes. (... and just then, a tree branch fell on the villain and killed him dead! And there was much rejoicing, etc.)


And a christening of Coke. (Yes, Coke. She actually did pour it over his head. It was brilliant. And sticky. And by the way, look at the length of her hair!!)


Hokay, so obviously I took more pictures than this, but it would take about a million years to post them all. Other highlights included: Mrs. S being her lovely self every morning and giving away stuff; weapons and pointy things and Sonic Screwdrivers everywhere you looked; critiquing sessions with my fellow hobbit-childs (every critique group was named after a place in LotR... I was the group leader of The Shire); Greenleaf improv, epic as always, especially the Indian chiefs with their land dispute; sleepover with Liese one night and Sharpie the next two nights; massive games of Ninja which ran almost twenty minutes long on occasion; the bagpipe dude; stabbing/shooting/strangling the Brentalope repeatedly - he dies like a pro; seeing so many awesome people in costume (I wasn't the only one for a change!); quoting The Princess Bride and Monty Python and Men in Tights until blue in the face; Mr. S saying something to the effect of 'Okay, I need a few manly individuals to carry these chairs out to the foyer' and me marching right up there along with like four boys; Getting Ideas, muaahaha; scattering helter-skelter for the dorms about thirty seconds after curfew; dropping eyes and throwing up hands (thank you Bryan Davis); watching Snuffles's movie being filmed, hence poor Wooton with the tree branch hitting him on the head, random henchmen charging and screaming and waving murder weapons, epic fight scenes that included fireballs, KT stabbing people from behind, deadly ticklefights, etc.; and just generally being around other crazy writer types.


SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!! I still haven't recovered fully.


Oh, about the violin peg: at the Piano Academy camp, the councilors put on a series of skits at the end and encourages campers to enter as well, to turn it into a funky awesome talent show. In one of the councilor skits, the head councilor, who plays the violin and also accompanied me in the chamber recital, broke a violin on the edge of the stage, and pieces of it went flying everywhere. We were all freaking out at first, because we thought it was his real violin, but it turns out it was a cheap, old machine-made one that he'd acquired solely for the purpose of breaking it. Anyway, one of the pegs shot out and hit me in the foot, so I picked it up and took it home and strung it on a piece of string to wear as a necklace. Except I made the string too short, so now I can't take it off without cutting it... so I guess I'll just leave it on for a while. Whatever.



In other news, we have a new scanner, and it's very nice, but I don't like it because the lid thingy doesn't detach, which means that anything I scan out of my sketchbook ends up with horrid shadows along one edge. Therefore, no new scannage until I figure out how to get around that little problem. I'm still drawing stuff, I swear.



Finished The Way of Kings! Everybody read it, it will blow your mind. One thousand pages of pure awesome, right there. I have some sketches of Wit that I wanna showya.



Commander Kip


"C'mon, use the Force!" "'Scuse me, I AM the Force."


Normal is overrated!



No comments: