Tuesday, September 27, 2011

blue hair

I drew this in class the other day, and then today I looked at the calendar and went "ZOMG SQUEE, Laini Taylor's new book came out today!" I therefore felt that the blue-hair thing was appropriate. That is a very messy contour self-portrait, by the way. Why is it that every time I draw a self-portrait, it comes out looking like a mug shot? Eh, whatever. And as for why my hair is in pigtails, I'm exercising the right to remain silent on that one.

Now I must sally forth and procure a copy of the long-awaited Daughter of
Smoke and Bone
, because I've been reading all of Ms. Taylor's delicious blog posts about it and getting all drooly and excited. It's been far too long since I had something truly delicious to read. We're doing Jane Eyre in school, but that's mostly long stretches of "life-is-so-friggen-unfair" with only fleeting moments of deliciousness.

Oh, I did get to watch Dead Poets' Society with my parents the other night while I was busily skipping Homecoming. I think we all cried. I know I did, especially at the end. With the CHAIRS already! Gah. And the other thing I've been watching with my parents is a current (gawrsp) tv show called Castle, which is about a murder mystery novel writer who just happens to be played by the incorrigible Nathan Fillian. Oh, how I love that man. And I love the Firefly references in the show, subtle and un-subtle both. We've decided the writers must all be Browncoats. Or maybe just Whedon fans. In one episode there were extremely un-subtle references from both Firefly and Buffy, and we lol'd pretty hard. Anyway.

Commander Kip
"What are you supposed to be?" "Space cowboy." "Okay, A, there are no cows in space, and B... didn't you wear that like five years ago?" "Yeah, so?" "Don't you think you should move on?" "But I like it!"
Normal is overrated!

No comments: