My apologies, normally you would get a Christmas post, a birthday post, AND a New Years post, but I skipped the birthday one this year. You guys, I am so done with this bloody sinus infection. It just keeps rearing its ugly, snotty head. I completely lost my voice on my birthday, and today the fever came back and I slept through most of our family New Years gathering. I've been taking all kinds of herbs and enzymes and probiotics and I still can't kick it. The hell is the matter with my immune system? Seriously.
So yeah, I did in fact turn 21. Egad. And my resolution is never to drink, not even once. I just don't wanna. Can't make me. Did go to the antique mall with my grandma, and found a few cool things. Watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World with Brenticus last night. Want Ramona's hair.
Also, Brennie got me Mass Effect 2 for Christmas, and it is such the fun. I can't get enough of Garrus. Not sure how they managed to make a battle-scarred alien with mandibles attractive, but they did it somehow and I just want to give him a big hug. And maybe have his human/turian hybrid babies. What.
I did draw things this semester, I promise, and before I got really sick I scanned some things. Here, have a new character in honor of the new year.
Remember the hippie chick I drew for fun a while ago, intending on making her into a character eventually? I did it. This is Razma, a nomadic fire dancer from Magical Steampunk Gypsies.
An early design. For the Invartà (traveling dance troupes)of the Grey, I wanted a sort of post-apocalyptic earthy look; ragged, billowy clothes, sturdy boots for walking, and lots of fun shiny bits.
Did some more playing around with her and decided to give her white hair.
And then I decided to just go all the way and make her albino. She is known as the White Rose to other Romonians, which is ironic considering that she has a lotus tattooed on her shoulder. The rest of the arsura, or fire dancers, worship the sun god Solon, but Razma identifies more closely with Selen, the moon goddess. Self-conscious of her colorless eyebrows and lashes, she darkens them with kohl.
Razma dances with flaming poi, which can also be used as weapons if necessary, though Invartà are generally expected to be peaceful.
And then I had the urge to draw her in a thick cozy scarf. Because it was cold in Minnesota at the time and I couldn't help it.
So that's Razma. Her mother left their troupe, the Sovrana, when Razma was young, intent on making it through the twisted and evil land that was once the Silver Forest to the alleged paradise on the other side. When she left, she took the sacred fire of the arsura with her. Razma grew up ostricized for her mother's betrayal, mastering the poi and formulating a desire to follow her mother's path. She's sullen and withdrawn, but very good at her craft.
I have more stuff for you, but I should prolly sleep first. I have not gotten nearly enough things done on this break, largely because I have not spent much time out of my bed. I have got to kick this infection before I go back to school, or interim is going to suck.
I did, however, read both House of Hades and Clockwork Princess while bedridden. Both quite enjoyable. I liked Nico as a character before, but House of Hades made me really seriously love him. He just needs so many hugs. And a cute boyfriend. Meanwhile, all of the angsty problems in Clockwork Princess could have been solved by two words: hot threesome.
Also, Misfits continues to be delectably sordid. I will never not want to see Simon and Alisha being gorgeous together. My god, why are they so pretty?
Kay. Bed now. Maybe less snot tomorrow? Here's hoping.
Commander Kip
"You can't kill me, I'm lactose intolerant!"
Normal is overrated!






2 comments:
This is very belated, but happy birthday. :D Yay for being 21!
Thanks bro!
Post a Comment