That's right, y'all, there are TREES in Kansas. GREEN ones. It's pretty great.
Home for the summer, then on to the next adventure in Florence, Italy for the fall semester! I plan on making a separate travel blog to document that experience, which I will link here when the time comes.
Meanwhile, I'm missing my friends and scrambling to get a summer job and, oh yeah, unpacking. Why do I own so much junk? And Anna, I'm so sorry we made off with your entire box of summer reading. I do feel awful about that.
Things of import that happened at St. Olaf this year:
(1. I switched my primary instrument from standard piano to 7/8ths piano, which was an incredibly eye-opening experience. I was able to correct several bad physical habits in my playing since I didn't have to worry as much about stretches. Excited to tackle some rep next year that I've always wanted to play but could never reach before. Part of that journey was switching to a new teacher. This lady is such the bomb.
(2. Finished my frontloaded music theory and music history courses. I actually get to choose classes now. My final project for music history was a paper and an art project exploring Gustav Mahler's relationship with his wife by examining the Adagietto from his 5th Symphony. (View the project here.)
(3. I completed the Great Conversation program as of one week ago yesterday and that is a great feeling, lemme tell you. I instigated a dance party with this Enrique Iglesias song on the last day of class. Enjoy.
(4. Kept the party going over at Magical Steampunk Gypsies. We have big plot plans for the summer. Don't see this baby petering out anytime soon.
(5. Experienced my coldest temperature to date: -40 degrees Fahrenheit. It burns, preciouss.
(6. Had my first legal drink (and my only drink to date) thanks to the questionable influence of John Green's Looking for Alaska. As it turns out, Strawberry Hill is gross.
(7. Lived in the smallest dorm room on campus with my favorite Anna. It was cramped, but she was a trooper. We spent a significant amount of time watching each other sleep. Also, the poem game. And she got some of her poems published in the campus literary magazine! I'm so glad we're married.
(8. Matt and I celebrated our one-year anniversary back in November, as you may recall. We continue to be very much in love and are also bros. I just keep finding out more awesome things about him. The plan is for me to spend a week visiting him in Maryland near the end of the summer before I go to Italy and he goes to Budapest. Not super looking forward to eight months of long distance, but we're boss ninjas at long distance and we will be okay.
Commander Kip
"So... do you think a girl would fall for that?" "... what just happened?"
Normal is overrated!
4 comments:
Yay for travels! I shall look forward to hearing about your adventures. :D
And I yours! Good to hear from you bro.
Also, I was playing Mass Effect last night and Tali accidentally flirted with me and then got all embarrassed and it was adorable. Why why why can't I romance her?
Ha ha. I think Tali is pretty much the cutest character in the game.
Oh dude she totally is. Although Garrus gives her a run for her money with all his awkward adorable tripping over himself when you flirt with him.
Post a Comment