Tuesday, September 6, 2016

finally finished farscape season 3

And oh boy do I have some feelings. And by some I mean a lot.


Aeryn has been doing this slicked-back soldier look lately and she's so fierce and I'm dying thanks.


URGGGHHHHHH


Also he's off the show at this point but I still don't know how I feel/felt about Crais because yes he helped them out sometimes but he also betrayed everyone like constantly and you could never really tell whose side he was on. He did get his hero's death in the end, so that redeemed him somewhat, I guess. (But also the way he kept coming on to Aeryn even after she made it clear she had no interest was really uncomfortable.)



Oh man, I loved Xhalax as a character. Like, she's terrible obviously, but the concept is so good. Hardened soldier falls in love with a fellow soldier, they have a kid, the military makes them give the kid up, she sneaks in to tell babby Aerin she was conceived out of love and she'll always have a mother who loves her, and then the Peacekeepers find out and make her kill her mate and renounce her daughter and she's still bitter about it some twenty or thirty years later. And then Crais shoots her by accident just as she and Aeryn are trying to reconcile because Crais is an asshole like that.


"What's wrong?" "Radiation. Massive radiation."


And then Aeryn lets her hair down and puts on a velvet dress and gets plastered and is sad and angry and hauntingly beautiful for an entire episode and when Stark and Crais come to get her out of the skeezy hotel she's been languishing in she call Crais out on his crush and starts grinding all up on him in the hallway just to freak him out and then screams at them both until they leave. Like. Help me.


I actually went back and listened to Claudia Black's commentary on The Choice because it was such a good character piece and she had a lot of interesting things to say about the process of filming it and insights into Aeryn's character in general.




Oh and hallucinates Crichton all the time because drunk.


And then PUTS THE SOLDIER'S UNIFORM BACK ON AND GETS THE FUCK ON WITH HER LIFE because that's all she knows how to do like can I die yet please!



And then when they get back to Moya and she sees the other Crichton still alive and happy to see her she just brushes by him like "hello John" and I can't deal with it literally at all.

Oh and I guess other things happened to other characters but let's be real I don't care about them.

Time to get my hands on Season 4 I guess.

- KP


Quote of the Day: "Why so difficult?!!"

No comments: