I tried so hard not to, but despite my bestest of efforts, I somehow turned eighteen.
*cue the horrified screaming and running and freaking out*
But I had an awesome birthday parteh, so that helped somewhat. Although Peter's refusing to speak to me now. See him sulking in the corner there? He's saying quite loudly that he can't see me because I've been banished for growing up. Bah. I'll get the better of him eventually. And to avoid confusion, I know two Peters: the good Commodore Pan, and my friend from school who goes by San Pablo. I'm talking about the Commodore at the moment.
So this was supposed to be for the art fair at school, and I totally only made this one and one other, which wasn't cutting it. So I'll just stockpile a bunch of them to sell next year. The faerie dude living here is named Tide. He rather dislikes the butterfly, but that's too bad, because I like the butterfly. So there. This didn't come out quite how I wanted. Pics of the other one eventually.
Oh, and you might recognize this person. Remember that massive gob of wordses from that other post? Yeah, this is Private Jenkins again, because I can't keep my pencil off her lately. I just love her shiny HAIR. This doodle took place in the middle of my history notes, so it's about two inches high and anatomically impossible, but I really liked the irritation that came out of the general pencil swoosh, so you get it anyway.
And here she is again, and I was actually trying this time. I had this brilliant idea to try drawing her at several different ages, and this was like the only attempt remotely worth showing. I can't remember ever having a character with a real widow's peak before! A real one, not one of those six-inch-tall anime things. Yaay, I love Jenkins.
In other news, I saw some good movies over the break: The Proposal, which was a really cute romantic comedy; The Perfect Storm, which was amazing but horrible all at once; and Tangled (!!) which rocked my soul and forced me to see it twice in the theater, which I generally try not to do, but GAAH IT WAS SO BRILLIANT. In my opinion. My mom saw it with me the second time, and I think she fails to see what exactly is so brilliant about it. *trying to decide whether to spoil or no* Eh, I'll leave the spoiling for later. You guys, go see it. Those of you who know me really well won't have too much of a hard time figuring out why I loved it. I mean, come on, they have epic duels with a freaking frying pan. Gimme a break. Got some good birthday presents too (and Christmas, but the birthday ones were particularly epic.) I have a picture of the one from Brentalope that I will post later - it's the beastiest thing in the whole wide world - but suffice to say, I went to Borders and felt like a kid in a candy store. A kid in a candy store with a really big wad of cash in her pocket and free reign to buy whatever she wished. Thank you, wonderful people. Gift cards are the way to go. Whoever thought of inventing them is clearly a genius.
Also, I'm still working on my room, and with the new bedspread and curtains, it's finally starting to pull together. We'll be hopefully painting some things over spring break, so pictures will happen then if I remember.
Reading Elantris by Brandon Sanderson right now, and just saying, the dude is an evil mastermind. For serious. I'm about halfway through and loving it dearly. The plotting, gaah, it's everywhere, and it's a little less intense than Mistborn, which is fine. And this was his first novel! *mightily impressed* Dang, if my first novel could be this epic, I would totally be set for life. Just saying.
I'm probably forgetting things... oh well, whatever's left, I'll pick it up in the next post. Love you people.
Commander Kip
"You know I can't swim!" "Yeah. Hence, the BOAT."
Normal is overrated!
2 comments:
frying pans rule!!!!!!!
that is all
Most 'specially when you're using them to knock people out with, y'know? XD
Post a Comment