The sidekick invented these little guys. They're called squidges, and they are the best thing ever. You can throw them back and forth, and squeeze them and cuddle them and splatter them all over the ground. Multipurpose squidges.
Which reminds me - Arin had a fabulous idea while I was there. She suggested we draw a completely random picture of whatever, and then write whatever comes to mind about it, curving the words around the actual drawing. We ended up with a biker fairy who's muttering grouchily about this girl who won't have him. It's pretty hilarious. Anyway, I was inspired to try something similar with this boring sketch of my new character Thomas, who sprouted right out of a video we watched in history class about the Vietnam War last month.
Oh, you know what sucks? My parents' scanner, that's freaking what. But in any case, the text reads thusly (don't be too frightened):
Oh, you know what sucks? My parents' scanner, that's freaking what. But in any case, the text reads thusly (don't be too frightened): "Go back!" I screamed, waving an arm, but the thunder of mortars drowned me out. Thomas kept on coming, and I watched the others fall: first Wizard, then Beans and Trigger, then the world went swirling off to black.
(there ought to have been a paragraph break there, but no room)
When I woke up later, everybody was screaming at everybody else.
"I can't believe you, Private! We lost three great guys because of that stunt you pulled back there. Dangit, Thomas, what were you thinking, just running out onto the no man's land like that?" Sarge was beet red in the face, going on fuschia. "Never do anything like that again, you hear? Never again!"
"What was I supposed to do?" Thomas shouted back. "Leave Russel out there to bleed to death? I mean, hello! He's part of the team too, isn't he?"
"If by 'part of the team' you mean 'degenerate freak', then sure," snapped Bunny, crossing his arms.
Saigon elbowed him in the ribs. "Hey, man, Rachel saved your sorry butt at least a dozen times on that last patrol."
You probably think I'm going to explain what's going on here. Well. Too bad. I'm not. All I will say is that I had fun thinking of nicknames for the other army guys. And by the way, Rachel and Russel are the same guy, in case that was way too confusing. And there was very little good writing going on here, because word choice had a lot to do with what I could fit on the page. So yeah, never mind. Thomas is supposed to have dark hair, by the way, but I didn't want to chew through an entire stick of mechanical pencil lead just to color his hair in, so no.
You know what made me laugh? I showed this picture to one of my brother's friends (an eleven-year-old) and the first thing he said was, "So, is that a guy, or..." Haaaa, yes, dear. It is. Despite the eyelashes, I promise you, Thomas is very much a boy. And may I remind you all that my own darling brother wore just as many dresses as shorts up until about the age of six, and the rest of the time he went naked. So there.
Mmkay, madre gave me the day off in return for babysitting the bro and his cohorts all afternoon, so I'm gonna go sit down and write the rest of that freaking Showdown. I know exactly what needs to happen; now I just gotta make myself gak up some words.
Long enough post for you?
Commander Kip
*scary raspy voice* THE PIT OF DE - ack, choke - *regular voice* The Pit of Despair.
Normal is overrated!
4 comments:
Looks like you and Lady Arin had loads of fun. :)
Where did you get all your fantastic period clothing???
~Pippin
We did indeed! I get most of it out-of-state, to tell you the truth... a lot of the stuff in the pictures was from a tiny New Age shop in Omaha. Love that place.
Ahhha ahaahah. kay done now. love the feets!! All of them actually... yeahhhahaha, our house feels so empty when your not here! Oh period clothing lol. Is is new facebook anger, or the same old?
(answering in backwards order)
Nope, same old. Just angrier because I can actually load pictures fast over here, and therefore get angrier in a shorter span of time.
Yes. Period clothing for the lulz.
That's weird, mine feels too full. Like I don't fit in it or something. Haha, jk.
Sankya, although I should be thanking you, since you took most of the pictures.
(Longest comment ever ftw.)
Post a Comment