That's Percy and Annabeth having an angsty reunion, for those of you keeping score, and something like this had better happen in the next book, or I will start breaking things.Speaking of angst, or very near it, Meet Joe Black was an awesome movie. Or specifically, Brad Pitt was awesome in it. He managed to pull off gorgeous, scary, inexorable, clueless, and excessively hot all at the same time. Gah, the peanut butter scene had me laughing myself into asphyxiation. And then at the end my whole family was in tears. It was so good. Although slightly awkward to watch with my parents in some places, but whatevz. Blonde hair with dark roots, by the way, is almost unbearably striking.
Madrigal again, alongside part of a poem we were studying in English. I can't seem to stop drawing her. No wings in this picture because I got distracted/lazy and didn't get around to them.
See, there she is again.
Okay, so there's this thing on Youtube called Merlin's Apprentice, and it's super long, like three hours, and it's a super-messed-up version of the Grail legend about a thief with some magical talent who tries to rob Merlin and ends up learning magic from him, and then he finds out that he's Merlin's son by the Lady of the Lake, who in this version is a big-boned witchy lady who is in cahoots with the barbarians and apparently raped Merlin in his sleep or something. And all of this because she needed a son, or better, a servant who could get the Grail for her. Anywhoo, amidst all the weirdness and terrible acting, there were a couple of awesome kissing scenes in it. Like this one.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnG_9O5I3KE
And the other good one is when Jack accidentally puts a love spell on Brian, who turns out to be a very horny girl named Brianna, and she like tackles him to the frickin' ground. It's hilarious. I attempted to draw the girls, but neither of them look like themselves.
Yvonne:
Brianna (her face always looks like that):
And now some Artemis Fowl, because everybody loves him. I tried something different with Holly's hair, and Arty's arms are atrocious, and I can't draw weaponry, but you get the gist. I suspect Artemis is fairly useless with a gun (except for that one time in Lost Colony when his aim luckily didn't suck, but that's a HUGE spoiler, so... shutting up now.)
The end. By the way, I've finished all the Christmas/birthday books except Inheritance, which I am plugging away at quite ferociously, and Eye of the World, which I've nearly finished. You know when the Waygate wouldn't open because the key was gone and Moiriane was freaking out (which never happens) and that messed-up TORNADO OF SCREAMING SOULS was bearing down on them, egad, I seriously thought they were all gonna die. I may have screamed a little.So mostly, every one of those books just left me ravening for the next one in the series, and now I gotta wait till like next Christmas to get 'em.
My mom and I had a Mission: Impossible marathon a few weeks ago. We stayed up till four a.m. watching the first three, then went and saw the new one with the whole family the next day in the theater. They're all pretty awesome, but I specially loved the second one. TOM CRUISE WITH LONG HAIR. *excessive drooling and fanning of self ensues* That is all. And I thought the feisty cat-burglar lady was pretty awesome in that one too. We also saw Troy as a family, which had an overabundence of pretty men in it, including both Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom, although Paris was a total pansy, and Achilles was a gore-streaked war machine - not my favorite of either of their roles, but whatever, pretty. The chick who played MacTaggert in X-Men First Class was in it too, but again, all she did was look pitiful and do a little stabbing at the end. Okay, no, the really awesome movie I saw recently was the first Sherlock Holmes, and it was seriously beasty. Even though Robert Downey Jr. doesn't look very Sherlockish to me (I tend to think of him as tall and almost spindly thin), he is certainly a boss. Same with Jude Law. I always picture Watson and portly and moustachioed; movie-Watson did have a moustache, but he was not portly in the least. They were both boss ninjas, and there was some really clever things in the movie, stuff that Sherlock does for no apparent reason and then later you find out exactly why he did it. Want to see the second one now.
Commander Kip
*gesticulating dangerously with violin bow* "Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Well, get what's in your hand out of my face!"
Normal is overrated!
No comments:
Post a Comment