Monday, January 2, 2012

oh, the brilliance!

Guess what. That's right, ladies and gents, I did get Daughter of Smoke and Bone for my birthday (AND Clockwork Prince, but that's later) and I proceeded to spend the ENTIRE day reading it because I was physically unable to put it down. Well, the entire day except for when Brenticus and his brother were over, but the rest of the day, that's what I was doing. And in case you were wondering, it was FANTASTIC. So very fantastic that it gets its own post. I can't say hardly anything without spoiling stuff, which I refuse to do because you all should read it, but I will say that my first drawing of 2012 was a doodle of Madrigal the chimaera, because she's awesome.


I don't think I made her tall 'n skinny enough, but whatever, she rocks. The best thing about the book was that so much of it made me want to drop everything and draw it. The descriptions of characters and settings were in such vivid and startling color; as an artist, I was itching for a pencil throughout. I suspect there will be more drawings soonly. The other best thing about the book was that it was full of every cool thing I could think of, except maybe ninjas, and there were smouldery seraph dudes instead of ninjas, so that's all right. There were also horns, and weird tattoos, and gas masks, and awkward life drawing classes, and blue hair, and random humor, and teeth in jars, and giant costume wings, and strange awesome weapons, and bullet scars, and frivolous wishes, and tiny scary best friends, and masquerades, and edible glitter, and kissing and stuff. Dude, it was so shiny. Laini Taylor is such a boss. Seriously, go read it so we can freak out together.




Also, I hear there's a movie being made out of it.




SQUEE.




Oh, and Happy New Year. Love you.


Oh, and I go back to school tomorrow. How's that for a weird thought? *is boggled*




Commander Kip


"Oh, gross. Your stomache is full of butterfly barf!"


Normal is overrated!









No comments: