Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Captain Ripley's Portable Steam-Powered Communicator

Made this little beauty for class. The assignment was to make a product that would fit in one of those environmentally unfriendly plastic packages and create packaging to advertise that product. With my usual tendency towards over-complication and shenanigans, I made up an entire kid's tv show about steampunk aerial antics called Ripley's Dirigible Adventure and created a "prop" from the show. You know how they sell Thor's hammer and Hawkeye's bow in stores as kid toys? This is like that. Also, I made it out of found objects and Apoxy, because that's how I roll.  





So that was a fun assignment. Now, to practice. My jury's tomorrow. *freaking out*

Also, I'm just a ball of bruises from sledding. I have bruises on top of my bruises. It's spectacular.

Commander Kip
*garbled attempt at speech* "Yes, I English well." *mimes stabbing self* "Augh, right in the grammar!"
Normal is overrated!






6 comments:

Figment said...

That's really cool, I wish I could get a closer look at it.

Commander Kip said...

Thanks! Is my blog not letting you view pictures again? Bad blog! *swats it*

Figment said...

Oh, it's letting me view the pictures, I just wish I could see it from more angles and stuff so I could see more details. ^_^

Commander Kip said...

Oh, I get it. Yeah, I was too close to the deadline and didn't have time to take pics from multiple angles. In fact, I didn't even take any pics of the thing outside the packaging. Silly Kip. And for the record, there aren't that many details. XD

Figment said...

Ah well, still looks cool. :P

Commander Kip said...

Fanks, dood.