You guys, my face hurts. I had my wisdom teeth ripped out of my head on Wednesday, and everything is swollen and bruised and I look ridiculous. Ech. I hate surgery. I hope I never ever need it again.
But anyway, I finally scanned a few things from my new sketchbook. Like, for example, the first page. with its customary splatter of weird nonsense.
Those are the lyrics to On the Wing by Owl City because Owl City makes me smile. Which, right now, hurts. Oops. Oh well.
I also decided it was high time for a new DeviantART ID picture, because I'm older now and I cut my hair and became a Whovian, among other important things.
MSG funtiems! This scene took place pretty far back near the beginning of the Crimson Hand fiasco. Harkin had just started a barfight in order to audition the various mercenaries for the job, and Suvoi and Marcus came out on top, but only because Marcus got spooked by Erik and blew a magical hole in the bar. Suvoi then proceeded to slam Harkin into the wall (she's always doing that) and threaten him with her garroting wire while he simultaneously jammed a pistol into her stomach. *snort* And Matt denies any sexual tension between his character and mine. Pah.
And this sketch happened because the newest City of Bones trailer (!!!) has a clip of Jocelyn being badass, and my mom, who just finished reading the original Mortal Instruments trilogy, was complaining about how the Shadowhunter parents were not badass enough. So I sat her down and made her watch the trailer and paused it on the image of Jocelyn being all snarly in the rain and was like "AHA. There you go. Hashtag badass Shadowhunter moms."
Have I mentioned how freaking excited I am for this movie?!!! You have no idea. I might actually explode. There will probably be a separate post about it soon. Just me freaking out and waving pretty pictures at you that I've found on the internet. *SQUEEE*
In other news, Anna and I are writing character letters to each other and it's nerdy and awesome and totes adorbs and this is why we are married. It's a medieval Icelandic fantasy... shaped... thing. Except I wrote the latest installment while half-unconscious from the anaesthesia, so it might not make any sense. Sorry, Anna. I mean, I already killed her character's fiance in a magical accident, so she's already not too pleased with me. Oops.
Commander Kip
*walks up holding phone* "It's for you, sir." "Thanks." *reaches for* "No, sir, the helicopter."
Normal is overrated!




No comments:
Post a Comment