Sunday, February 9, 2014

never see a crash 'til it's dead on

Alaska will not leave me alone, guys. And the people I've talked to have all been like "yeah, it just leaves this hollow place inside you that never actually goes away. Isn't it great?" Ian just finished it as well, so the other night we all made bufriedos and shared a bottle of Strawberry Hill and played Best Day Worst Day and truth or dare and it was a great time. But the hollow place is still there and it's awful and wonderful and just *keels over*

Also, the other day we built a blanket fort in the lounge and flailed around in it all afternoon, and I drew pictures.


And then Ian and I slept in the fort. Well, that's not what we actually did. We actually just sat around and talked about everything we could think of until 6:30am and then I slept from then until 11:30 the next day. He woke up before me. Somehow. That kid doesn't actually sleep ever. It was a fantastic time.

Also also, my Anna came back from England! *dances around gleefully* We've just been spending our interim break eating all the food and sleeping all the hours and telling each other all the stories and listening to all the Amanda Palmer.  She was impressively jetlagged upon her return, and woke up at like 5am that first night, just bolted awake, and was like "LEMME TELL YOU ABOUT LONDON" and talked at me about immersive theatre until I fell back asleep. It was awesome. I missed my Anna.

Now real school starts tomorrow and our other two roommates aren't back yet because snowstorms and planes don't play nice. I am not ready for real school. I need like one more week of break. But that's too bad. *girds loins, or something*

More pictures for you later. Meanwhile, song that just exudes Alaska.



Commander Kip
"Do I... bite?' "No, don't bite!"
Normal is overrated!





No comments: