Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thing of the Day: pillow poetry

Thought I'd inform you all of a strange but wonderful Thing my roomate and I have started. I highly recommend it.

Anna and I never really see each other except at meals or when we're asleep. She leaves the room before I wake up in the morning, and when I get back at night, she's already out. She often leaves sweet little notes on Post-its on my pillow, telling me how much she loves me or reminding me of something funny that happened that day. Recently she started leaving short poems instead. We've decided it's good practice, so now we leave them for each other. 

My favorite of hers so far has been:

Octopi are red,
Squid are blue,
If I had eight arms,
I'd devote two entirely
To hugging you.

And the other night she left a beautiful one, just a few lines, about snow and leaf-bare trees. And I left her one about being separated from someone you love. Also, being the creepers that we are, we have both left each other poems about watching the other one sleep.

This is why we are married. 

Commander Kip
"Whoa whoa, what was that Jedi magic you just did?!"
Normal is overrated!





No comments: