Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12 days of awesome


Go listen to it NAOW. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kYEK-pxs_A It will make your day, I promise.


So remember Commaner Greene? She was in the army originally, which is where she got her title, but she quit after she lost her husband... but anyway, all these soldier types are popping up all over my brain now, and this whole other storyline following that private there, Keera Jenkins, and the rest of her squad. The leering guy with the ponytail and tattoo is Colonel Amos Jackson, who served in the force most of his life before joining Greene's crew as munitions expert. He has delightful manners, even when beating people to a pulp. Private Jenkins joined when she was fifteen, neatly sliding in under the age limit, and can't seem to advance in rank due to her inability to keep her temper in check. She's been court-martialed more times than everybody else on the team put together. Her brother Nathan is some important man who eventually gets kidnapped by the - hold on, I'm not there yet. The Corporal with the messy hair is John Faber, and he can haz no idear what he's doing. He's only there because his mommy made him. And Commander Andrew Crawford is in charge of the whole division, but when they're moving Nathan Jenkins to an outpost near the edge of the Static Zone in the dead of winter, the Green Knights ambush the caravan, leaving most of the division dead or wounded, and head into the Zone with Nathan. Keera, being young and stupid, decides to go after him, Faber volunteers to go with her, and Commander Crawford, trying to salvage the situation, says that he will lead the rescue attempt himself, since squad captain Daniel Bingham just died in the attack. So off the three of them go, tracking the Knights through a rather beasty blizzard, and then the Knights figure out they're being followed and circle back to hit the squad from behind. Keera gets torn up pretty bad, and getting out alive doesn't seem very promising, when a government transport drops down out of nowhere and swoops them up. Unfortunately, the transport is full of Miasma district agents funded directly by Nocturn, and they take the battered squad straight back to Legislation in Baustirion and turn them over to Rivenwick, who promptly locks them all up. She likes locking people up. Oh, if you're worried about what happened to Nathan Jenkins at this point, just know that he's probably better off with the Green Knights than he would have been in Legislation with his poor shot-up sister. The part where my real main characters come in is where Brackolt and his psycotic orphans, who have already joined Mahogany's crew, team up with Commander Green and her people to break Keera, Faber and Crawford out of Legislation. It's an epic breakout cuz they end up starting a massive slave revolt as a diversion, which totally wasn't in the plan. Gaah, I wanna write this thing SO BAD... can you tell? And completely switching gears now - some Portals stuff for you. Thaelen and Anabeth in the Renegad prison. Anabeth got thrown in there first, and Thaelen had actually gotten away with some of the other Irlican rebels, but then the Renegades caught them after all and chucked Thaelen in the separation chamber with her. I flippin' love their hands, but the rest of the picture came out so skewed that I could barely look at it straight. So you just get the top half.
And switching gears yet again... Lady Arin and I took more pictures than we thought. XD We always do. And then there were technical difficulties of epic proportions. No srsly, I thought the poor Lady was going to have a heart attack. Her laptop and camera were both misbehaving horribly. *huggles the Lady* Love you, dearest. YAY NAKED TREES! Ahahahaa. I love that ravine behind my piano teacher's house.

And look at this tragedy. My paternal grandparents sent this little grandfather clock in the mail after spending zillions of dollars fixing it up, and this is what it looked like when it got here.

Tragic, isn't it?
But the GEARS are pretteh...
Okay, you are officially crazy if you read all those gobs of words. Just saying. Love you all.
Finals this week. *dashes off to study*
Commander Kip
I got bits falling off my ship. I got a crew that ain't been paid, and, oh yeah - a powerful need to eat, sometime this month.
Normal is overrated!



2 comments:

Lady Arin said...

OOhhh yehh! The one that looks like a book cover!! *thinks a moment* hmmm maybe I ought to make that my profil pic...?

Gruesome some Kip? JK... I kind of love the Anabeth/Thaelen hands shackled thingy!

Commander Kip said...

I love that picture! You look so nice in your spiffy red coat...

Yaay, gruesomeness for teh win, as it always is with me. There has got to be someting wrong with my brain. For serious. I know there is, because my favorite part of Serenity is where Simon gets shot in the stomache and there's blood all over the place. XD