Sunday, May 1, 2011

the MPE Homeschool Graduates of 2011 tell a story

This is kind of an excerpt from a longer account, but anyway.

THE RULES: Tell part of a story including you and the person to your left. Nothing raunchy. Other than that, anything goes.

There was this magic wand, you see, and it was totally all over the place.

My end of the table sounded something like this:

Jacob: After being mauled by the bear, I magically didn't die because the magic wand beamed me aboard the Enterprise, where I met the captain, John, who shot me with a phaser-

All: *roars of laughter and applause*

Jacob: - which made me drop the wand.

John: I went to pick up the wand, stepping over the dead body of Jacob -

Jacob: Dude, you phasered me. There would BE no body.

John: - stepping over... whatever was left of Jacob -

Me: Ashes. Or atoms.

John: - the ashes of -

Me: Remains!

John: - of Jacob's... remains, and picked up the wand. But then my backstabbing first officer attacked me because she wanted the power of the wand for herself... uh, yeah. That would be Kasha.

Me: *mutters to self* Hmm, I would do that. *out loud* So I wanted this magic wand in order to take over the universe and crap, so I stabbed John in the back with a giant knife. But he didn't die, because Peter intercepted the knife! Like, whooooo - squelch, gak - *demonstrates*

Peter: *whispering aside* Whoa, so you stabbed me and it went all the way THROUGH my body and stabbed John, or something?

Me: *whispers back* Yeah, it's a really long knife.

Peter: *aloud* So I'm mortally wounded and bleeding everywhere, and then Kasha spontaneously combusts because that's how things roll in this story -

Me: Hey now. What'd you do that for?

Peter: - Kasha spontaneously combusts and drops the magic wand on me. But then the wand heals me -

Me: - Dangit.

Peter: - and also transports me to a beach in Costa Rica where I run into...

You get the idea. IT WAS SO FREAKING INCREDIBLE. And then after it was over John goes, "I should have made you a Klingon," and I was all like, "Dude, yeah, I would be an awesome Klingon!" and then that whole end of the table got all distracted talking about Star Trek.

I love homeschoolers.

Yay.

Commander Kip
"French maidens drive Dodge trucks." - a Calebism
Normal is overrated!

2 comments:

Lady Arin said...

Oh kip. The simplest things ammuse you.... jk. That sounds hilarious, especially the way you wrote it. *grins cheekily*

Commander Kip said...

Yes, I am quite easily amused. And seriously, that's pretty much verbatim thare. XD