Friday, December 30, 2011

Break? What break?

My winter break is always so busy that it doesn't even seem like one. Aargh. Anyway, it's my birthday, and I'm sick again - this stupid cold-thing will not leave me alone. Whatever.

News! We got some sweet books for Christmas, including The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson, Inheritance by Christopher Paolini, and the Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. I also used some of my Christmas monies to nab two of the hardback Serenity comics, Those Left Behind and Better Days, from Barnes & Noble. I was planning on using those particular monies to get Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Claire, but then I was like "FIREFLY" and now it will have to wait, because all my monies are gone. Also, I'm fairly sure my mom is giving me Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor for my birthday, which is freaking awesome.

You know what else is freaking awesome? X-Men First Class, is what. Most particularly the end. I love it when hot dudes get shot. Says a lot about my character, don't it?

Also? Have some pictures.





Oh, I missed posting on Nath's birthday this year, so here's his present. Or the upper half of it, anyway.

And by the way, I somehow magically ended up with "una A muy grande" in Spanish for the semester, which is fabulous, though somewhat confusing, since I apparently got an 83% on the final. Whatever, I'm not complaining. A 90.2% for the semester is still an A, yes? So whatever.


I just got back from Lady Arin's, but I don't have the pictures yet because she's sending them to me from the library, but when I get them, I will show you some. Milady, I'll have you know that you look ravishing in period clothing.


And since I was at Milady's for the last few days, I had to postpone finishing Pippin's portrait of Ewin that I'm working on. Gotta finish up his cloak still. In fact, I'd better go work on that. Toodles, all.


Commander Kip

Enough chatter up there. And try not to drop God on me.

Normal is overrated!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIP!!! *throws confetti* *hands balloon* Hope you have a fantastical day!

<3 Pip

Commander Kip said...

Fanks, dood! It was quite fantastical - I spent the majority of it reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone and then had Brenticus over in the evening. Best day ever. XD