Just returned from the most spectacular ten days of my life in Italy. Srsleh, my mind is still blown. Also, my feet hurt. And I can't show pictures yet because my stupid computer is stupid. So instead, you get this video.
We saw this guy playing in the street in Rome, and I was enthralled. The instrument is called a hang, pronounced "hong," and it reminds me of the hybrid child of a singing bowl and a set of bongos. Wot. But I really like it. Kinda looks like his hands are dancing. Apparently these intruments were recently invented in Switzerland or somewhere and are very rare. Whatever, it was freaking awesome.
And yes, for those curious ones among you, I did indeed purchase a Venetian carnival mask, and it is a sexy beast. Just wait till you see the pictures. I really hope I get to see it again, because as of right now they've misplaced our luggage, and everything we bought was in there. So mad. So. Mad.
But anyway. More about Italy later. The bro trashed my room while we were gone, so I gotta go clean it or something. Later, peeps.
Commander Kip
"I am not unglued!" "You're slightly unglued." *deep breath* "There. See? I'm perfectly glued."
Normal is overrated!
3 comments:
Egad, royal formatting fail!
That is a pretty sweet instrument. :D
Glad you had a good time!
Yes, 'tis. And thank you. XD
Post a Comment