Friday, November 23, 2012

the giving of thanks

Happy belated Thanksgiving! Hugs for everybody!



Right before I came home from school, we did a fun project in Kildahl where you make a hand turkey and write on it all the things you're thankful for. I literally covered the paper with the good things in my life, but there was a little space left at the bottom, so I wrote "ALL THE THINGS" just in case I forgot any. I truly am thankful for all the things. Aren't you?

'Specially being at home. It's so nice to be with my family, and walk barefoot in the bathroom and the kitchen, and sleep in a room by myself, and be able to sit all the way up in bed. It's the best. And real toilet paper! So luxurious. And real Indian food, and real Japanese food, and not just what you get in the Bowls line in the Caf. (Sorry, my grammar quota for the month got all used on my Great Con paper. None left for the rest of November. Oh well.)

Also, Assassin's Creed III. We has it. And it's pretty awesome. I've only watched my brother play so far, but it looks nice. Borderlands 2 confuses me, however - I can't figure out how to work the camera during fights. It just swings wildly everywhere and I can't see the monsters I'm trying to shoot. Stressful. Reminds me a little too much of the old 007 games we had, where I would just frantically Q-Claw myself into a corner of the ceiling and stay there until the end of the round. Dishonored, I've only seen a few minutes of, but I'm a huge fan of the human heart full of gears. No idea what it does, but it's super cool all the same.

Oh, and my family introduced me to Downton Abbey, and it's such the best. I've seen the first five episodes. The characters are all so loveable, or hateable, it's delicious. I still think Thomas should have run off with his slimy noble boyfriend so the rest of the household didn't have to deal with his crap. That would have been nice. *garrotes Thomas*

Anyway, happy Black Friday, and may you not leave your house at all today in order to avoid getting unceremoniously trampled. Love you all!

Commander Kip
"I expect he's to be flung at Mary during dinner." "Oh, I think Mary's quite capable of doing her own flinging, don't you?"
Normal is overrated!






No comments: