Thursday, November 29, 2012

I made a purchase

And it was Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor! It's sitting on my desk right now, and I am exercising massive amounts of willpower to prevent myself from reading it in one sitting. Because I have things to do. Like Christmas Fest. Yeah. I did read the first few chapters, though, and it's already shaping up to be fantastic. 

And while I was home, I took the liberty of borrowing my family's scanner to document some of the doodles I had sitting around, and I found this drawing in my old sketchbook.


It looks like I was attempting a scene from Daughter of Smoke and Bone, where Karou wards off Akiva with her hamsas before they, y'know, make nice. I think I started drawing the picture in pen, and then the pen died, so I finished it in pencil. And I was clearly going through my crappy background phase, as indicated by the mess of dome-and-spire type silhouetty things that are supposed to be the skyline of Prague. Oh well, moving on.

Christmas Fest starts tonight!! Which is great and all, but it also means I'm missing D&D on Saturday, which sucks because I can't wait to try out my new and shiny dice. Guess that'll be next week.

More doodles to show you, when I'm not quite so swamped.

Also, Anna is in my room vacuuming dead ants out of her clarinet case. Somehow. Er.

Commander Kip
"Are you saying you don't love me? Because I love you. I think. Oh. No. Never mind. That's fear."
Normal is overrated!






No comments: