Because there are more characters you guys should meet.
Matt's character, Harkin Burik, and Anna's character, Professor Ceridwen Dorsal. Harkin is the second-in-command of one of the two most powerful mercenary organizations in Guaren. He's a nasty character and speaks mostly in swear words. Ceridwen is a badass sexy-librarian type who became a professor at an early age and is trying to avoid being locked away in the Asylum for delving too deep into the study of magic. She also makes bombs and other explody devices for the rebellion. And she and Marcus have a thing for each other.
Ceridwen always wears her hair in a messy bun because she's basically Anna if Anna were a pyro. The funny bit? Anna is almost exactly like her character, and Matt is nothing like his. I find this amusing. Also, all the characters of the real-life couples hate each other in canon (Suvoi and Harkin can't stand each other.)
As for the Mer characters, here's one I just threw in who you might remember from ages ago. Ashes, my mist elemental. Except she has antlers now, because why not. I gave her a cool backstory too; now she's a magically enhanced being known as a Fabrant, created by infusing an Ungifted child with huge quantities of magic that causes various mutations as well as increasing the subject's magical capacity.
Ashes, being the first successful Fabrant, was the model for a slew of similar experiments. However, she recently discovered that Fabrants' lifespans are drastically shorter than most Mer-beings' (a direct result of being blasted with crap-tons of magic at an early age.) She currently works for the Interarchanical Substitution program, which smuggles Ungifted Mer-babes into Guaren and vice versa with magically inclined Guaranian children. Fun stuff.
Which brings me to another old, repurposed character, Liriel Farsight. You may or may not remember her. She's way old. Older than Ashes. But she was a thing, I swear. (Woof, ancient drawing alert.)
Except now she's got a creepy backstory and a serious case of debilitating prophetic visions, hurray! (And I got better at drawing, thank God.)
Since Sylvan Faye live for ages, Liriel gets to make appearances in all three MSG storylines; as a frightened but very powerful child in the first, a wise seer in the second, and a tortured wreck in the last. I'm sorry, Liriel. I swear I actually love you. I kept the little detail where she becomes blinded by drinking from the poisoned river, because I thought that was a cool storything.
Poor Liriel can never leave the Silver Forest once she's entered it as a child, because the forest has a magical boundary that traps beings who possess magic. So she's gonna live there all her life. Here she is with Alex's character, Derwn Morthwyl, who is a giant evil tree. Yeah, you heard right. There was an epic showdown between the two of them in the first storyline wherein little Liriel started ripping smaller trees out of the ground with her mind and throwing them at Derwn as he was strangling one of Katia's characters with his roots. It was freaking spectacular. Anyway, we imagine that Liriel and Derwn have been striving against each other ever since.
And here's Katia's aformentioned character, but in the second storyline. Sadly, he was an adorable innocent shepherd boy named Mana, and he was born without magic so he could travel in and out of the Silver Forest at will. But then the Mages snagged him and turned him into a Fabrant - one of the earliest attempts, and one of the ugliest. Now he's a bitter, hulky monster, but Liriel still loves him cuz she's blind and she doesn't care if he's ugly.
Can you tell how much fun we're having with this thing? Suvoi and co are in the Grey now, and I suspect Ian's about to smack us in the face with a pile of zombiethings. Awesome.
Commander Kip
"You're a terrible pilot." "You're a terrible."
Normal is overrated!









No comments:
Post a Comment