Friday, August 16, 2013

CoB: less than a week

Until City of Bones comes out! I am so totally dragging my mom and my brother to see it with me. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be awesome. I think a quick little I'm-so-excited post is in order.


I'll just go through the main characters here. Clary seems like she'll strike a good balance between terrified fifteen-year-old and instinctual badass. I think she'll do just fine.



And look, she and Jace have actual chemistry! (Unlike movie Katniss'n'Peeta.)




And speaking of Jace: at first, I didn't know how to feel about Jamie Campbell Bower. (Then again, it was gonna be nearly impossible to find a REAL HUMAN BEING that fit the image of Jace I had in my head.) But... some of these promo pics have me pretty convinced. This is Jamie:


This is Jamie-as-Jace:




Uhuh, okay, I can see it. He's growing on me.

The team:


Yesss, I am liking it. Isabelle: cute and badass, but too small. (Supposed to be "taller than most boys.")



Alec: nailed it.


Simon: sufficiently derpy and confused while still being unwittingly attractive.



Luke: pretty good, but I sorta wish he looked more like a middle-aged dad and less like Wolverine. Oh well.



The young Circle (whooee, that is a sexy picture, lookit all those BLADES):


And that's Valentine and Jocelyn in the middle. Jocelyn: yep okay.



Valentine: kay, sufficiently creeptastic, but why is he not white-blond? and why does he look like a twentysomething? Whatever, the braids are hot.



Finally, Magnus: oh yes. Dat eyeliner. And his little moustache is totally adorable. Overall, he could use more glitter and show more midriff, but I think he'll do.




I was laughing the other day because my mom finished the original Mortal Instruments trilogy and was like "I love Magnus. He's my favorite. He tries to be such a boss and act like he's too cool for everybody but really he's just a big sweetie under all that glitter." True fax, Mom. True. Fax.

So that ended up being not so quick. Oops. There will probably be another post about this after I've actually seen the movie, but I just couldn't wait to yell about it a little. Woohoo!

Oh, and in other geeky news, I decided to watch the original Star Trek since my dad has all the episodes on dvd anyway (since I feel bad delving into Stargate without any real intention of finishing it.) Second episode was a little hard to stay awake for; it was just everybody staring in horror at the spinning glowing cube onscreen while the music went "DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DA DA DA DA DA DA DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN!!!!" really fast. Lol old scifi.

Commander Kip
"If I jumped every time a light went on around here, I'd be talkin' to myself."
Normal is overrated!





No comments: