Tuesday, August 13, 2013

the Arin caper

I is returned! From the perilous land of bloodthirsty insects and no internet or cell phone service, otherwise known as Lady Arin's abode! All those unfortunate things I mentioned don't matter much cuz Lady Arin also lives there, which is great.

She put makeups on mah face. I think I look like I have a fever, but my brother thinks I look like Taylor Swift. Eh, close enough.










So, a few things about that shoot. (a. Dress. Got it for like six bucks at Savers and didn't realize it was dry-clean only until I brought it home. Oops. Well, dry-cleaning is, what, twelve dollars? Still a cheap dress, and quite pretty, if I may be so objective. Not that I fill it very well in the bust area, but then, when do I ever? (b. Necklace. Found that pendant on the ground outside my dorm this spring. It was half-buried in the mud and had clearly been out there all winter. I appropriated it. (3. Henna. We did it. And it was nice henna this time, not the cheap mix-it-yourself kits we usually use. Thanks for sharing, Arin! (d. The scenery in these gives the whole thing a weird post-apocalyptic vibe, I think. Like the humans killed themselves off and the plants took over the world and then some Victorian chick popped out of a time capsule. I dunno. That's the vibe I'm getting.

Few more, just for fun.



Slutty elf pictures! Not really. By my usual clothing standards, maybe. Not sure why I didn't bring the elf ears this time. Every other time I've been to Lady Arin's, I've brought them. *swats self* Anyway, got the tunic at Savers also. Savers is the best. 'Specially when you're a poor college kid who likes weird clothes. (Pro tip: don't just look at the clothes that are your size. The tunic I'm wearing is a double-XL. Belts, ladies and gents. Belts.)

I want to post some of Arin, but I should get her permission first. Hence, you might get another post soon with Her Ladyship's lovely face in it. Fingers crossed.

In addition to our usual cam-whoring it up, we went on an eight-mile bike ride in which I remembered how to RIDE but not how to DISMOUNT, which led to a rather embarrasing faceplant into a mint patch. At least I smelled nice after. We ate tasty vegan foods, and Arin's mom made this delectable vegan cheese spread that was basically indistinguishable from the genuine article. We talked for lots of hours. Arin helped me work out a sticky plot point in Birthright. I drew henna on her mom's boob. (Not really. It was more like just below the breastbone.) We went to Dillons to mooch the internet. I spooned Arin by accident in the middle of the night. I also found two huge ticks on my torso, which sucked. We went for a stroll in (read: plowed through) the woods behind her house, during which her poor sister got multiple bugs in her eye and was almost immobilized by spiderwebs and subsequently devoured. (Not really, but there were so many webs, it was like Lord of the Rings all over again. If I ever write a book about people in long cloaks traveling though the woods, there WILL be mention of the webs, the vicious mosquitoes, the poison ivy, the snakes, the thorny vines, the stickerburrs, the face-level extra-whippy branches, and all the other stuff that sucks about traveling through the woods. Which you never hear about in books, for some reason. Also, it is actually impossible to "tread silently" through thick underbrush. Don't believe anyone who tells you differently.)

So yeah, had a delightful time. Home now, nursing my mosquito bites and re-watching Series 6 of Doctor Who with the Brentalope. (River!) Also trying not to be consumed alive by the internet. Pinterest, you guys. It looks so pretty, but it's actually a trap.

Commander Kip
"You've got that face on again." "What face?" "The 'he's hot when he's clever face." "This is my normal face." "I know." "Shut up." "Not a chance."
Normal is overrated!





2 comments:

Figment said...

I really get the post-apocalypse vibe from the first set of pictures, that's really cool. :D

Commander Kip said...

Thanks! It was totally unintentional, but I think it works.