Thursday, May 7, 2015

anatomy of a palace

So for some reason I decided to spend even more hours in the digital lab than usual by choosing, of my own volition, to do a digital painting instead of writing a paper for my religion class. It was fun actually, except for the fact that I understand Flash waaaaay better than Photoshop at this point and am confused about why some of the tools that have the same name function so very differently. For example, the fill tool. The little paint bucket? Handles completely differently in Photoshop. Don't ask me why. I asked the internet and still couldn't figure out how to make it ignore gaps. Jesus. Anyway, here's the Palace of Illusions, from the book of the same title by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, and Sikri from The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie.


I got this printed as a 11'-17' poster and it looks pretty awesome. Also, color printing at the Print Center on campus is super cheap and I'm going to take full advantage of that fact in the future.

Finals coming up soon. Peace out y'all.

Commander Kip
"You have a lightsaber. It's sorta like a flashlight. A cutty flashlight."
Normal is overrated!





No comments: