Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Draith Darkling

Late night posting time...

Guess who this is. *points* His name is Draith Darkling. I have no idea what deep, dark recess of my brain he was concieved in, but anyway, I was doodling in the margins of my Ideal Gases chemistry test (nothing new there) and this cute little guy popped out. He's a floater, no story, no background... the only thing I know about him is that his mother was an elf and his father was a darkling, a mythical sentinent type creature I invented to explain Draith's horns, wings and tail. Oughtta draw a pic of a real darkling sometime. They walk upright like men, but they're covered in smooth scales and are built more like dragons. Fun stuff indeed.

I drew Draith in my small costume design notebook, because I didn't have my other one handy at the time, and he was banging around in my head, screaming for a picture. So I made do. He ends at the mid-calves, which is fine, since I can't draw feet. Something's wrong with both his hands, by the way, even though I made DarkChild hold her left hand out for like ten minutes in study hall so I could look at it and stick it to Draith. Let's just say it's better than it was. I also think his loincloth-thing is slightly botched, but that's just Kipin not knowing how to hang/fold fabric. So meh. I am in DESPERATE need of a private lesson. Must learn hands, hair, feet, and clothes. Dearie me, that's most of the human body...

This boy is MINE. M - I - N - E. You takey, I smitey. Savvy? And lastly, I dedicate this post to Ereka and her new BOYFRIEND YAY! *glomps*

Commander Kip/Laughingstar
SRPINK ON YOUR SPRONK!
Normal is overrated!

3 comments:

Lady Arin said...

Hee. you really likey the shirtless dudes don't you?! *sheepish grin* so do I!!!

ereka said...

tehe i like shirtless guys too! ( you were right, he IS hot) ha thanks for dedicating the post to me :)

Commander Kip said...

You're welcome, Ereka! Yes, that's Kipin learning muscles again (if anybody asks...) I've just done a sketch, shaded and everything, of Brennan from my book, with his snakes of course, standing on some random balcony with no shirt on. *titters*