Saturday, March 7, 2009

Epic Brain Fart

Dash it all, why can't the pictures show up in the correct order?! *bites computer*

Hi, everybody. *sheepish grin* Excuse me whilst I smite this uncooperative machine. Anyway, I profusely apologize! Kipin has not so much as touched her blog since the end of February, which is, of course, unacceptable. There were piles of homework to contend with, and a stupid mutant cold/flu thing, and all sorts of rot... but Kipin's back now, with a vengeance, bwahahaaa.
So, this is the second-to-LAST page in my sketchbook *dies* which means Kipin has to start a new one! Augh, the horrah! But the method behind the madness here is that I wanted to draw something meaningful and cool and complicated on the last page, so in order to purge my mind of silliness first, I filled the second-to-last page with any- and everything that came to mind over a two-day period. Hence, the Epic Brain Fart, which started out in black and white (see below, blast this format!) and just screamed to be colored, which Kipin did, without any ado.

Yes, this was actually a lot of fun. I had just recently watched the LotR trilogy, so there are several related objects in there (Eye of Sauron, elven brooch, Evenstar pendant, the One Ring, etc.) Other scribbles of note: the Sordid Sea'orse, in the top right corner (Captain Calamity's ship), Lackadaisy, the grinning kitty in overalls there (who I did not come up with, by the way... saw another drawing like him on DevART and loved him to pieces), several drawings of Hattie, in assorted colors, a rather large hand, Saabra's mind-blowingly awesome weapon (middle of the left edge, right next to the Evenstar pendant), a rather nice set of claws on the right edge, and a large-scale representation of my new signature near the bottom. Whew. *pants, tongue hanging out of mouth* So yeah. Feast your eyes on the epic randomosity of it all!
Commander Kip the Back from the Dead
Normal is overrated!

No comments: