Monday, March 16, 2009

the Raven collection

Hey everybody, you won't believe this...

KIPIN FINALLY FINISHED CHAPTER 4 OF PORTALS!!! *dies in relief* That took forevah!

Anyhoo, just thought I'd get that out there.

This is Raven, from Teen Titans.

I am most especially fond of the big colored headshot in the bottom left corner. That was a screenshot from one of the early episodes... the one with the Puppet King... doormat, what was it called? Don't remember, but that's beside the point. I was watching the episode on YouTube and saw that awesome shot, so I paused it and sketched it down. Later, I colored it. The pencil sketch in the top left corner came about the same way. That screenshot was from the episode Spellbound, where she falls in love with an evil dragon who's pretending to be a wizard, lol, lol, that was a cool one. She's about to throw something at Cyborg, a stankball maybe, and I loved the expression on her face. I don't think I captured it quite right... you'd have to see it, gaah, that cracked me up. The one in the top right corner was done first, and I drew it looking at the Volume 1 dvd cover. She actually looks better far away than she does up close there, because of how many times I had to erase her eyes. The paper got all scarred. It looks fine from here though.

In case you can't read the text (it's fairly tiny there), it says, 'I speak English, German, Latin, Romanian, Ancient Sumerian and Sanskrit. Do you have anything I can read?' *dies laughing* Gaah. Best Raven quote evah. From the extended feature thing, Trouble in Tokyo, the ending of which irked me to pieces. *grumblesnarlhiss* I am a RobRae shipper. The ending was decidedly RobStar. 'Nuff said.

Or maybe not. Kipin likes to rant. So - SHE'S TOO HAPPY FOR HIM! IT WOULD NEVER WORK! BESIDES, SHE'S AN ALIEN! Not that we don't all love Starfire, and she does kick serious butt. Howevah! She's simply too bubbly and carefree for Robin. He's from Gotham, raised by Batman. He's seen plenty of things that no teenager should have to see, whereas Starfire is about as naive as it gets. She thinks mustard is a beverage to be drunken through a straw. Besides, Robin and Raven had some valid, convincing moments in the End of the World story arc, and they ah so flippin' cute togethah.

Graphite mechanical pencil, then Prismacolor pencils. Nothing new here. And the disclaimer: Teen Titans is a registered trademark of somebody-or-other, who isn't me. So yeah. Don't own nuthin'. Unfortunately. If I did, the show would still be running and thousands of heartbroken fans would be... un-heartbroken.

Commander Kip who is awfully happy with how Lady Arin's birthday present came out! *squees to self*
Normal is overrated!


No comments: