Yeah, he's blind in this pic. Before that, his eyes looked more... normal. Yeah.

Anyway, I finally got caught up on all those piles and piles of OYAN I was behind on, so now I have like five scenes to show you guys. Speaking of which, we're reading parts of our novels ALOUD IN CLASS next semester, and I am SO going to die. I get terribly embarrassed reading my own stuff aloud.
This scene happens at the end of my Showdown. I had a blast writing it. Blood! *squees*
I slumped in the doorway of the Sanctum, watching Ezroth disintegrate into a cloud of steam. My shoulder throbbed, and I could feel blood soaking into my tunic beneath my hand, but I was too tired to care. Tired and pained and sad.
My gypsy charm is gone. The only thing I had to remember my mother by. Gone.
A thought struck me with the force of a thunderbolt. Fable and... “Nath!” I gasped aloud. What happened... Nath’s blind...
Lurching to my feet, I staggered down the corridor. How could I have forgotten about them, even for a second? Don’t be dead, Nath, don’t... Drops of blood splashed the tiles as I picked up speed. I was almost running by the time I burst into the Inner Sanctum, out of breath and clutching my shoulder. Half-wild with fear, I cast about for Fable and Nath... and when I saw them, I couldn’t hold back the scream.
Two bodies lay facedown in a crimson pool, neither moving, not three feet away from each other.
I ran past Alethia, still tangled in the net, and dropped to all fours beside Nath. It was hard to tell whose blood was on whom. They were both covered in it. I forgot my own wound as I rolled him over and pressed a hand to the side of his neck, feeling for a pulse. It was there under my fingers, but his eyes were wide and staring at nothing. “Nath! Can you hear me? Say something!” My voice was thick with tears. “Wake up!”
He shuddered, gasped in a breath. I put a hand behind his back and leaned him upright, questions and sobs of relief crowding out of my mouth. “What happened? Why is there blood everywhere? Did Fable stab you or something? Talk to me, Nath!”
“I’m... not hurt,” he mumbled. A few droplets of blood fell from his curls. “But I think I...”
I looked at the other body again, and this time I saw the dagger hilt sticking out of the back of its neck.
He pressed a fist to his mouth and closed his eyes. His shoulders shook. “I think I killed Fable.”
Sorry for the slight goriness. Can't be helped when peoples are getting stabbed in the back of the neck, you know? But I love Nath's reaction in this. Epic. Apparently, killing someone really messes with your brain. *glomps poor Nath* I love him, really I do! And I show it by torturing the crud out of him, lol.
Commander Kip
Don't say that. Every time someone says that, a fairy somewhere drops down dead. And I shall never find her if she's dead!
Normal is overrated!
No comments:
Post a Comment