Sunday, November 14, 2010

Winter's Coming Home

Such a lovely Tom Jacobs song, which is probably nowhere to be found on Youtube, but feel free to look anyway.

Reminds me of this strange thing I found in one of my folders just now. What is it? A ninja with a flowery scarf? Um. It looks old. I can't remember. I DO know what this is; a strange sorceryful lady with claws and stripes and horns and very odd clothes. I was drawing without thinking, obviously.


And these peeps are from Portals. I've never drawn either of them before. The cutie mouthing off at the top there is Anabeth Walker, Ellian's younger sister's daughter from the new prologue I've been toying with. The younger sister, Ingrid Morgan, was born just after the Portals storyline ends and grew up without ever meeting her sister Anabeth, for reasons I can't explain without giving away some very painful plot twists. In the new prologue, Ellian visits Ingrid and her family and discovers that little Anabeth knows nothing about Irlica or her namesake's disappearance. Ellian explains. The other guy on the paper is Cairbre Faileas, Thaelen's father and the previous Inkmaster. Pre-Blight, obviously. Muaa. Shiny, isn't he?


And here we haz the planz I drew up for mah loverly Spatler a while back when I was bored in art class and had nothing more productive to do.





Psh, I dunno who it is. Some random small person. Something appears to be wrong with her head. I was listening to Rachmaninoff preludes and my hand just kept throwing down lines while I wasn't paying attention.
If you crazy people still haven't read Larklight by Phillip Reeve, there might be some imminent smitation coming your way. Possibly. I'm serious, this book is a fount of steampunky epicness. And it has Jack Havock in it.


Gaw, that book was gross and depressing. But so masterfully written. NIGHT by Elie Wesel, you guys. Read it and weep. My art teacher said this was 'a very powerful image', thanks very much.


And this is my buddy DJ on the bus on the way to the Kemper a few weeks ago. He does actually wear his hair like that, for realz. It's pretty beasty.

I'm making something rather violent in art class right now. Once it gets done, I'll have to take it out of doors to get a good picture, because it's about three times the size of my scanner glass. I also have two more faerie doors to take picsies of, and another cool thingy that is sort of hard to explain. I'll just take some pictures and show you sometime.
Stuck on Chapter Twelve again, surprise surprise...
Commander Kip
"LUKE, IT'S A TRAP!!" No rly? I think the hordes of stormtroopers kind of gave that one away just a little bit...
Normal is overrated!



No comments: