I painted that woodgrain on by freaking hand. Took forever. Had to go to the art store and buy myself a smaller paintbrush, cuz the one I had just wasn't cutting it. And since this beastie has so many moving parts, some of them simply refuse to stay painted, no matter how many coats of sealer I slather on there. Rawr. I must say, however, that it makes a very satisfying noise when you cock it, like "snick snick crrrrr-rr-rr-ack snick THONK" or something like that.
The new and different color scheme that happened here is mostly a result of me with a stack of new paints and absolutely itching to try them out. Bought some actual BLACK last time, woot! And gold, and russet, and silver, all of which I used here, along with some of the umber I had before. I also picked up some unbleached titanium, which is roughly the color of bird droppings, and now I can't remember why I bought it. Oh well. And I just saw Treasure Planet again, by the way, and I still love it so much. The QUOTES, aaah, there' s so many good ones! *reduced to incoherent gabbling in the corner*
Commander Kip
*fires pistol at random* *hits chandelier, which takes out catwalk, which sends pirates falling to their doom* "Did you actually aim for that?" *outrage* "You know, actually, I DID?!"
Normal is overrated!
No comments:
Post a Comment