Saturday, August 27, 2011

recycling on steroids

Apparently, at the City Museum, they have a thing for goats. Personally, I want to know where they found those giant GEARS - so not fair. This rooftop section is brand new and quite shiny.



Eels.



View from one of the spires.



YAY MEDIEVAL WINDOWS.



Giant praying mantis.



In the famous rooftop school bus.



There it is from the outside.



And from a higher deck.






And there's the other part of outdoor structure down below. I love the castle tower.









The clock in the foyer. Inside the bird's nest, peeking out at the hollow whale.



Some weird swirly thing.



Plain awesomesause.



Caves made of win.



Crazy stuff, right? Gaw, I love that place. I want to live there.



Um, also, I watched Hellboy the other night because I couldn't get League of Extraordinary Gentlemen on Netflix's playnow, and I actually liked it. A lot. Especially the quips, gaah, the quips. It was awesome. Abe Sapien makes my day, with his rotten eggs and his mind powahs. I mean, googly monsters and breaking glass and massive explosions and undead gas-masked Nazi ninjas and blood everywhere, what do you want from me? Can't wait to see Hellboy 2.



I started writing the last chapter of my novel, but I have no idea when I'll be able to sit down and finish the darn thing. I'm so close to actually completing this novel, you guys, it's making me crazy. But then there's this whole stupid SCHOOl thing going on, so I'll just plug away and do my best. I love chamber choir, by the way - the music is the best ever (Italian madrigals are mythic win) and it's so cool to sing with people who know what they're doing and pay attention in class. And some of the chords in this contemporary piece we're doing always make me bounce around and squee and flail like a crazy person. I've gotten some pretty weird looks from the basses, who sit right across the circle from me. I'm seated as the lowest alto in Chambers, by the way! *glee*



Not completely buried in homework YET, but I don't expect that to last. *braces self* I got a perfect score on that heinous summer English assignment though, which made me pretty happy, since I, y'know, spent my summer on it.



And I got to see Cairi the other day!!!! Which was awesome, and apparently she's into steampunk now, which is even awesomer. And she's seen some Firefly and is swiftly becoming a browncoat; awesomer-er.




I discovered this thing called the League of S.T.E.A.M., and it's like Ghostbusters except brassy-er, and it's pretty freaking cool cuz all their gadgets actually function on steam power. O.o





http://leagueofsteam.com/

I love the domesticated zombie manservant. He cracks me up.

Oh yeah, I got to wear my false moustache in English the other day for a skit we did about Aldous Huxley. It was fabulous. I feel so British when I wear that mustache.




Commander Kip


"Why do I do this again?" "Rotten eggs and the future of human existence?" "Ah."


Normal is overrated!





No comments: