Lists are cool. As are fezzes.
Literally: on the first night, I discovered I'd forgotten to pack a water bottle, and I was like, "hokay, I bet there's at least ten things I meant to bring and didn't remember. Wouldn't it be funny if there were EXACTLY TEN?"
And guess what? I'm back now, and I've counted 'em up, and there WERE.
(1. Water bottle, as previously mentioned. For quenching thirst when there's no drinking fountain handy.
(2. A hoodie. Because the Bell Center is a friggen ice box. And contrary to popular belief, a black cloak actually does not go with every outfit.
(3. A washcloth. For drying my hands and face on, because there are strangely no paper towels in the dorm bathrooms. Awkward. (And no mirrors in the dorm rooms. Awkwarder.)
(4. A working Sharpie. Seriously, I found myself in need of one like every five seconds.
(5. Safety pins. For costuming purposes.
(6. A binder/folder for my chapters. Loose papers in a cloth bag = utter chaos.
(7. My workshop t-shirt from last year. I wanted people to sign it, because it only has one signature on it, and that one belongs to Brenticus. But I forgot, so no.
(8. SOAP. For my BODY. I remembered shampoo and conditioner, but not soap. Stupid stupid.
(9. A stand-alone reading light. We definitely could have used more light in our room - the overhead light burned almost completely out on the first night, leaving us in a sort of dim, flickering, horror-movie murk.
(10. A kitchen timer. Last year they were provided; this year, they were not. I was planning on bringing the one they gave me last year - the infamous "hobbit timer" - but forgot. So we used someone's phone. To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi: so uncivilized.
Those are the ten things I really wish I'd had. Some more than others. But whatever, it was still basically the fastest week of my life. I'm still trying to convince myself it actually happened. Maybe I dreamed it, and I haven't really gone yet. That would be cool.
Also, Doctor Who. DOCTOR WHO.
More later, when I have pictures for you.
Commander Kip
"You want a fez?"
Normal is overrated!
3 comments:
Hey, hey look! Yeah, its Arin!! Kip, of course you forgot things... you bring soooo much stuff everyone lol. Anywho... I love the previous posted random doodle and explanation that involves swahili. You should write an awesome scene from it for the conglomeration book thing (yes I am in the process of writing a random scene too!!!!)
I still find the forgetting of soap to be rather hilarious. :P
Btw, the doodle you did on the back of my book thingy got almost smeared off. :(
@Arin: MILADY! You exist! *glomptackle* Yes, I bring too many crapses as a general rule. Yes, I totally should! - although I'm so enamored with the idea at the moment that I'm considering making a whole novel out of it (not until after I'm done with the current one, of course.) Ooh, I can't wait to see your random scene!
@Figment: *pokes tongue out at* Aw, I'm sorry... blame Sharpie though, I borrowed that marker from her. I miss you people already!
Post a Comment