Friday, June 1, 2012

Firefly

Marathon was friggen awesome, no surprise there, and now I have the urge to do nothing but work on my River Tam costume for the workshop. The plan is to make boot covers. I suspect the plan is flawed, on account of a devastating lack of materials... but that is the plan nonetheless. Brenticus had never been to Olive Garden before, so we went there for dinner on Thursday and brought the little sibs. That day, we watched nine episodes. NINE. It was brilliant.

So that was fun. But now, I have got to dig into this second draft. I temporarily abandoned the last chapter of the first draft, just because it was being difficult and moving slower than I wanted, and I figure the second draft is more pressing at this point. I have Chapter One roughed out and about four and a half pages of Chapter Two. It is SO DIFFERENT this time around. I'm confusing myself. It's probably a terrible idea to start the actual writing without doing a crap-ton of outlining and research first, but whatever, I'm kind of doing that as I go, which is why it takes two hours to write four pages. Bad bad bad. Oh well, it's going slowly, but it's going.

Also, just saw Avengers again with a gal from school. Just as awesome the second time. Loki is prettier than Thor, the end. And then the other day, I finally sat down and watched Thor, discovering that while it is basically a crappy movie (much like Green Lantern), it has pretty people in it, and several of the characters from Thor played key parts in Avengers. In addition to Thor and Loki, Selvig, Coulson, Fury and Hawkeye all had pretty big roles in Avengers and I didn't know who they were - frustrating. I should have just made myself watch Thor a long time ago. My bad.

Also, Worlds of Fun. Basically, best day of my life. Got up and wrote four pages, trucked on down to WoF, there all day, had a blast (although Liese's boyfriend spilled my very expensive root beer and I got a fantastic sunburn on the backs of my legs, because seriously, who thinks of putting sunscreen back there?), got attacked on the way home by this huge hornet that flew in the window of Brenticus's mother's van, picked up more root beer, went to Liese's house and ate lettuce and Oreos, walked to the park and climbed a tree (among other things), went home and watched four episodes of Firefly and imbibed much root beer, and crashed hard. We may or may not have sung the theme song at the top of our lungs every time it came on. May or may not have, meaning, we definitely did. Definitely. Next day: nine episodes and Olive Garden, as well as a side trip to HyVee for more Oreos, heck yeah. Next day, the remaining two episodes and the movie, as well as the bloopers and deleted scenes. AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING.

Then I got to go see Lady Arin because she had her homeschool graduation and I gave her a very disjointed and messy present and randomly stayed the night and got eaten alive by mosquitoes, but all of that was worth it because I finally got those pictures we took back in December! And they are super awesome. 'Specially the ones of Milady wearing my period clothing, and filling it up far better than I ever could, lol. Downside: I still can't fit my swollen feet into shoes. Literally, there are so many bites that my feet and ankles are actually swollen. Getting better now, though. Except I just tore a muscle in my back yesterday when I jumped off a low wall at the park, trying to keep up with my brother, who was sort of doing parkour. Oops. I keep forgetting that I am no longer young, spry, and springy. Whatever, it's healing, and I know not to do it again.

Tomorrow there's this kid's toy sale nearby, and I'm going to try and get rid of most of my girly toys. I'm keeping a few Barbies and a few Groovy Girls for my own potential daughters, but almost everything else is bagged up and ready to go - all of the Ello (that was a chore), the rest of the Barbies (the ones that weren't missing heads, hands, or feet), all the Barbie furniture and accessories, the majority of the Groovy Girls, and all of the Clikits. There's already so much more room on my shelves! And I just dissembled and packed up the Playmobile castle that's been on my floor my entire life so my mom could store in it my grandma's basement. That kind of made me sad, but I couldn't get to the shelves behind it, so it had to go. However, I can play with it again when I have children, so that's okay.

Ooh, I just had a fabulous idea for a costume for the OYAN workshop involving a black cloak, a wide-brimmed hat, skeleton keys, a flintlock pistol, and my beaky carnival mask! *shifty glittering of eyes* Clearly, it's gonna be awesome.

Lessee, what else? Oh yeah - finished my physics book yesterday! Huzzah! Oh, and I also have a job interview set up for Sunday evening, which I'm passing nervous about. It's for a sales position, and although I've talked to the company like three times, I still have no idea what I"m supposed to be selling. You guys, I am poor. I need a job so bad. If anyone knows of a place I could apply, drop a comment and I will give you delicious cybercookies. Thanks!

I should go write some Chapter Two now. This post is getting squirrelly. Sorry for all the useless information.

Commander Kip
"That man is playing Galaga. He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
Normal is overrated!





No comments: