Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thing of the Day: Assassin's Creed I

So I was doing great on my goal of writing several pages when I got up in the mornings... and then my stupid brother bought me Assassin's Creed I and II at MicroCenter for ten dollars. Terrible idea. I installed AC1 on my shiny!new!laptop and have subsequently not been writing. At all. For like an entire week. This is bad. So this morning, I closed down the game and opened Chapter 2 back up and wrote some actual pages and felt better about myself. But now it's lunchtime and the game is calling...

Whatever. Point being, it's a pretty cool game, although I made the mistake of watching my brother play AC2 while playing AC1 myself, and got a little disenchanted with poor disabled Altair who can't swim or assassinate from hiding spots. It's sort of depressing. That being said, HAYSTACKS. They are my newfound love. I adore how you can jump off a really high tower and land safely in a haystack with a little "flump" sound. It's hilarious when the guards are chasing you and you break their line of sight and then "flump" into a haystack and they're scratching their heads and trying to figure out where you went. I love haystacks SO MUCH. However, playing any sort of action game on a laptop is basically a heinous idea. Mousepads are not built for it. I need a real mouse for this, people. So bad. And a bigger screen wouldn't hurt either. But I would feel pretty beasty if I could say that I played through all of Assassin's Creed I on my laptop.

Have a crappy sketch of Altair. His name, by the way, should have an umlaut over the 'i' and is pronounced "All-tie-EER." Those hoods, man, they're freaking irresistible.
Hokay, back to work. Sorry I'm so very distractable.

Oh, and I forgot to mention - I applied for this job the other day, because the company sent me an extremely ambiguous letter in the mail, and I had to go to this tiny office in a sketchy part of town and do an interview with an overly-cheerful lady. I did get the job, which was selling kitchen knives, but both my mother and I had objections to me, a not unattractive nineteen-year-old girl, going into strange people's houses and selling them knives. It's just not a good equation, you know? So I turned that one down, even though I'm poor. And then, when my mom called the cheery lady to tell her our objections and decline the offer, the lady was all "well, in all my years of working here, we've never had an incident" and my mom was like "yeah, but it only takes one, and I'd rather my daughter not be your one and only incident, thanks." I'd prefer to live, personally. So I'm applying to Michael's now, where I'd be selling art supplies instead of kitchen knives. Thank you very much.

And by the way, I sold almost all my girl toys at that sale. All that's left is most of the Ello, because almost nobody bought it, having never seen it before. That's fine with me; I'll box it up for my kids. Or maybe just so I can play with it some more.

Commander Kip
*covers one eye* "How does Fury see these things?" "He turns."
Normal is overrated!





6 comments:

Figment said...

...so you weren't intrigued by the chance to become a kitchen knife serial killer? There could've been an incident, all right. >:D

By the way, have you had any time to read my story yet?

Commander Kip said...

Oh, it was intriguing all right. Until I realized that there was the possibility of equal-opportunity killing - me or the client. Ack. I'll have to find a better job.

Ooh, no I haven't, but not for lack of wanting to. I'm way behind on the second draft of my OYAN novel and I've got to get at least four chapters done before the workshop. If I meet my goal, I'll have time to read it!

Figment said...

Hm, yes. Good luck with that. *knows full well the troubles of job hunting* -_-

Mm'k. No pressure, just read it when you have time. :)

Commander Kip said...

I started reading it! I'm on page 165! I love Xerxes - he makes me squee. And Severin, of course. Hey, if neither Colette nor Maud want him, I'll take him off their hands... I love those distracted sciency types...

Figment said...

Great! :D

Good luck getting Severin to pay attention to you. Perhaps if you get robot body parts and explain the concept of cyborgs he'll pay more attention, he'd be fascinated by that. ^_^

Commander Kip said...

Robot body parts - I'M ON IT. *goes to get*