Last one! *chairdance* <--- basically a general flail of the arms, head, and upper body - singing is optional.
Day 4
(1.
Today I am dressed up as my character Andra in
disguise. I stab many people with the nose of my Venetian carnival mask because
it’s like sixteen inches long. I also dip it in my root beer at lunch. I’m just
that cool.
(2.
During critique group, someone’s hero is
throttled. All ten of us grip our own necks to see what being throttled feels
like.
(3.
I get sneak-attack recruited for the movie that’s
being filmed in the Black Box. I’m only down there to watch, but they’re
missing both of their Black-Garbed Men and are running behind schedule. They
ask me if I want to be a Black-Garbed Man. I’m like, “Dude, YES.” So I get to lurk
behind a black curtain, pop out creepily, and drag people away screaming and
flailing into the nefarious Time-Out Corner. Muaa. On another note, someone has
given Wooton a fencing foil. This is a terrible idea. We fear for our lives.
(4.
Brenticus plays “Still Alive” from Portal on the
piano in the Lounge of Tipping while I sing the words at the top of my lungs.
Kudos to those of you who sing along. (The two of us have been muttering “This
was a triumph” all week whenever something awesome happens. This is a
culmination of that.)
(5.
I find my giant bag of popcorn! It’s sitting in
one of the armchairs in the Lounge. Unopened. Weird. I set about devouring it,
with the help of random passersby.
(6.
Final games of Ninja are played. We do a round
of two-hands, but change the rules slightly; you have to get hit twice to be
out, but until then, you can still use both hands. Longest game of Ninja ever.
But I stay in until the final three, huzzah! Brenticus is in a hurry because
he’s itching to go write a crash sequence, and of course, he doesn’t get out
until the very end of the game.
(7.
On my way to bed, I get distracted by a bunch of
lovely ladies in the dorm lounge. Snuffles joins me, and we hang out until like
four in the morning. We come to the mutual agreement that everything is funnier
at four in the morning as a general rule.
mah costume - no leg brace, sadly
a very un-Andra-like pose
no idea who this belonged to, but whatever, it was awesome
my unicorns (and a lemurcorn)
a pretty awesome Sherlock costume
MASSIVE GROUP PICTURE OF MASSIVE
a kid who looks like Neal Patrick Harris wearing a monocle
the Lounge of Tipping... literally
the back wall of the Lounge, also used as a makeshift Villain's Lair
the Trio of Terror and Killing Off of Perfectly Nice Characters
Some other notes: the little bag I'm wearing around my neck in the last picture is part of the Andra costume - it's her new thing she has instead of the glass gypsy charm. An amulet type of thing. I dunno. I was wearing it in the earlier pics as well, but I had it stuffed down the front of my shirt because that's where Andra wears it. Less easy to steal that way, you know. (Oh, I found out yesterday that the word "andra" means "man" or "hero" in Ancient Greek. How convenient - I swear I didn't plan this.) It should also be noted that there was a huge cryfest that evening, but I didn't include it in the list because I wanted to be happy but couldn't because everybody else was crying. I tell you, I handle real-life-sad so much better than fictional sad. Seriously. And last note: I vaguely remember someone showing me the Runaway Bride episode of Doctor Who that night while we were busy staying up till four in the morning, but I was in such a daze of exhaustion that I barely remembered any of it. I did get the impression of lots of screaming near the end. Must have been the spiderlady grieving over her drowned kids. That episode was just weird.
Speaking of which, I just watched Midnight (SO CREEPY - poor Doctor), so that means only one more disc of Season 4! Then on to the specials! I'm getting there! Although people keep telling me I need to go back and watch Series 1 because Eccleston is actually not a doofus. We'll see. Still need to watch Sherlock too. And Buffy, apparently. Oh, and college. That too.
Gotta go finish the Odyssey now! Actually pretty excited. I like the Odyssey much better than the Iliad.
Oh, but just for fun, get this - I met up with my GM to create my D&D character last night, and she turned out super awesome. I'm playing a half-elf Ardent named Ileana and she's gonna wield a weapon called an alhulak, which is apparently a handle connected to a rope connected to a bristling mess of knives. Some kind of flail, maybe? Whatever, it should be pretty great. I'll keep you posted. Although, funnily enough, her Wisdom score is rather below average, which will basically make her a spaz. Perfect. I can play a spaz.
Commander Kip
"Ood on the loo, Ood on the loo..."
Normal is overrated!
No comments:
Post a Comment