Sunday, September 9, 2012

OYAN SW: Day the Third

Still on a roll! Day three coming up! Just so you know, I was wearing elf ears this day in place of an actual costume. No pictures of that, sorry.

Day 3
(1.    Snuffles gets up early to go to another conference, and I drastically oversleep on account of my own alarm being busted. Angelik calls me twice, but my phone is predictably dead. I miss the first half hour of the first session, as well as Mrs. S. being herself. I am forced to sprint over to the Bell Center in – GAWSP – regular clothes. I painted the stupid teddy bear cloth for nothing. Snarl.

(2.    Jeff Gerke is wearing a Firefly shirt. Instant win.

(3.    Writersblock draws a flippin’ awesome steampunk squirrel on the back of my folder, which I swear to cherish always.

(4.    During critiquing, someone’s love interest gets her throat slit. We are all devastated.

(5.    Snuffles is once again a smash hit in her Weeping Angel getup. There is a brilliant fight sequence between her and both the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors during which they sonic-screwdrive her in the face. Simultaneously. Timey-wimey what? Unfortunately, since so many people have taken her picture, we have inadvertently created a massive army of Weeping Angels. Whoops. Also, many people are covered in tick marks because apparently the Silence are everywhere, although I can’t remember seeing one…

(6.    DOCTOR WHO. Why have I not watched more of this? Both episodes make me cry. (Although I sort of want Jenny to stay dead - just because I think her resurrection bears an uncanny resemblance to Spock’s in that one Star Trek movie where his coffin is jettisoned onto that terraformed planet and he is subsequently recreated. Sorry, I’ll stop now.)

(7.    Greenleaf improve knocks it out of the park yet again. "Welcome to Walmart, which now covers 95% of the earth!” I am called up to improvise a Lord of the Rings dance. See the video I posted before.

(8.    Due to the Whovian party, we miss dinner. But never fear – I have a huge sack of food in my room that my mommy packed for me. I don’t even know what’s in it yet. I sit in my room stuffing my face for like half an hour and also email my parents because I am a good person. I bring a ginormous bag of popcorn to the Lounge of Tipping, only to have some kid pick it up and march off with it. Um, okay.

(9.    It’s Snuffles’s turn to be up later than me. She’s filing her false nails for her Avatar costume tomorrow.


the panel held during the morning session (Jeff Gerke in his awesome shirt on the left)

this guy has seen a staggering number of Silence

one of my adorable unicorn children (sorry for blurry picture)

Brenticus is obviously a cannibal

best Doctor Who shirt evar

yes, that's Snuffles in there - she's just that awesome

the Doctors fight off the Weeping Angel

mah lovely steampunk squirrel, thanks to Writersblock

the fantastic Greenleaf improv team, plus a sneaky OYANer

the super awesome sign Snuffles made for our dorm room door

That was Day Three, and it was totally awesome. I went to bed that night, actually! Which was exciting. And it was an all-around marvelous day. Next year I am so totally doing a Doctor Who costume. I could totally pull off a Smiler or something.

Oh, and I forgot to say - I did another thing. Another crazy thing. A college-kid crazy thing.

I joined a D&D club. 

0.q

Yes, that's Dungeons and Dragons for those of you who don't know. I've always wanted to try a tabletop RPG, and since mah mommie wasn't around to say no, I jumped in and did it. I have to have my character created by Thursday so we can start playing on Saturday. I like my game master; he's a bearded dude about twice my size and he's friggen hilarious. There's five people in my party, and I've never done this before! Yay! Super excited. So yes, turns out I'm even geekier than you all thought I was. XD

So there's the news at present. Other than that, college is going swimmingly, there's tons of Whovians and even a few Browncoats here, and a very few awesome people are actually both. It's pretty great. I think Great Con might kill me, but it's okay cuz the food is delicious and the people are really cool. This might just work out.

Gotta go practice - first lesson with new teacher tomorrow!

Commander Kip
"What's wrong with my chin?" "Careful, you'll put someone's eye out."
Normal is overrated!





2 comments:

Figment said...

*applause* Good job joining a DnD club! :D It's much fun.

Commander Kip said...

YES IT IS. We had our first session tonight. The first thing my character did was go into the tavern and get extremely drunk. It was awesome. Although difficult to play, considering I've never been drunk in my life, but whatever.