Monday, April 20, 2009

Heartwood

INNENT SHE PURDY?!?!?! And lookit the nice white-ness of scannerism! *flips out big time* I love that thing. The skiving software that came with it, howevah, shall be the death of me. It wants my blood.

ANYway: This is my Lord of the Rings OC (don't eat me, Amzi!), Liriel Heartwood. Her name has an accent mark over the first 'i', but of COURSE the computer won't have that. X( She's blind, in case you were wondering what the heck is wrong with her eyes. They're supposed to look like that.

I am ridiculously proud of this for several reasons: One, I shaded it (!!!), two, there's a border, three, her left hand came out awesome, four, there is a design on her kirtle, and five, I wub the tree. Oh yeah, and her hair looks like hair. Shock, I know.

The light source I did was... dumb. The light is supposed to be slanting in from the top left, but then there was the tree throwing all sorts of funky shadows on her entire right side. Meh. *smacks self mentally* Oh well. Next time, I shall remember to stay away from questionable light sources.

Drew this while I should have been starting Cairi's graduation pic. Yes, the entirely fictional one, the one I just thought of, but should have nearly finished by now. School's almost over and I've not even started yet. *sweat drop* Yeah. Gotta get to work. Hint: Cairi's a Faramir fan. *evil cackle, wrings hands*

Commander Kip who's nearly feeling better now
SPRINK ON THIS NASSTY COLD THING! I SHALL SMITE IT
Normal is overrated!

3 comments:

Commander Kip said...

Hey, guys, I re-opened my blog to the general public, mostly because I'm sick of having to sign in to my own blog, and partly because it's too hard to show it to people when it's invite only. So... yeah.

Comment on my pretty picture!

Lady Arin said...

Beautiful!! She looks like you Kip! And I too luvz the tree muches!!

Commander Kip said...

Why, thankee, dahling!