Wednesday, August 31, 2011

*pokes head in*

Yeah, not dead yet. Never fear, we'll get there eventually.

Blast it, these fancy soldier types just keep popping up all over the place. This guy looks too sweet to be in the army though, doesn't he? Look at this strangely piratical fellow. He's got a fabulous pigtail.

And I don't even know what's going on here. I guess I like striped stockings and short hair.

Ohai, it's supposed to be Jareth from Labyrinth, but David Bowie is really hard to draw and stuff, so it doesn't much look like him. Psh, I give up. I did love all his fluffy clothes in the movie.

I imagine Piper McClean from The Lost Hero would be a Lantern fan. Whatever. I just like drawing her haircut. Cuz it's totally the best haircut evar.

Those still aren't the things I wanted to show you, but those things are being difficult to scan. *le gusty sigh* Someday, I will take the time to scan them. You wait and see.

I watched The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen at my grandparents' house this weekend. They watch movies the same way they watch TV - only half paying attention, making random loud noises in the background, and turning the sound WAY down every time things start exploding on-screen. Which means I missed like half the dialogue. Which means I need to see it again. But anyway, despite the apparent lack of a solid plot, I loved Sawyer to death. Like, so much. He was such a beast, and he had dual-wield pistols, and blond curly hair, and stuff. *fawns over* Oh, and I loved the weird relationship between Mina Harker and Dorian Gray, and the ensuing hot mess of a knife fight in which neither of them could die. That was total win.

Hokay, back to work.


Commander Kip
"You shoot like an American!"
Normal is overrated!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice drawings, Kippy. :)

I noticed the first guy's name is Drehan.

*cough* Woot has a villain named Drehon. *cough*

Wonder what that name came from? :D

Glad to see you're still alive. :P
We should meet sometime.

~Pip

Commander Kip said...

Thankssss, dahling.

Whoa, no way! I totally thought I made it up. Maybe I heard it from Woot and my subconscious retained it... subconsciously? Now that you mention it, I remember him reading about Drehon in novel writing way back when. Egad!

Yes, being alive is good. Yes, you're right, we should hang out. In my copious amounts of free time, of course! *snork* But yeah, I want to see you, and hear how the parkour thing is going!

Anonymous said...

Haha. Yeah. Just figured I'd point that out. :P

Being alive is VERY good. :D
Yeah, yeah, same here, LOADS of free time. *laughs*
Seriously though, let me know when you're available and we can try to work something out. :)

Ah, the parkour thing. Heehee. Well, it was going and then it wasn't going (after the SW) and now it is going again! Trying a different tack this time.

~Pip

Commander Kip said...

Yay! Going is good. Can't wait to hear all about it.