Saturday, June 16, 2012

INFOBOMB

So I needed a break from Chapter 4, which means you all get random pointless information about my life! Yay!

Firstly, we got Brenticus a very respectable vest at Goodwill on Wednesday, although it was an extra-large and quite enormous on him. So today, I pinned it. I was going to sew it, but my mom said I took bad measurements and that if I sewed it and it didn't fit him, we'd be screwed. So she had me pin the seams instead. It will have to do. At least this way it's adjustable.

Also, I drew these people recently when I was bored with math. It's one of those mindless doodles that started spewing ridiculous amounts of backstory.

This is where my brain when with these two (yoinked straight out of the artist's description from when I posted this on DeviantART):

"The blond chick with the tribal markings was the infant daughter of a pair of missionaries. The parents were killed accidentally in the crossfire of a tribal dispute, leaving the victors to raise the orphaned child among their own. They called her Kizungu, which literally means "white girl" in Swahili, and brought her up according to their traditions and customs, although they taught her both English and their own language. When she was grown, she attended college, got her master's degree, and became a local translator, where her skills were in much demand. In the course of her work, she is hired for an expedition by a treasure hunter from Australia, a scruffy long-haired fellow with a charming and adventurous personality. Jack Adrian is hunting for a particular kind of treasure: ruins. He likes discovering things no one's ever seen before, and if he happens to find any valuable artifacts along the way, fabulous, it'll pay his expenses. Self-educated and savvy as he is, he's the first to admit that he knows very little about the jungle terrain and is more than happy to rely on the expertise of the natives. Hence the translator. As the journey progresses, he becomes more and more intrigued by Kizungu's unique history, and after she saves him from being strangled to death by a boa constrictor, his admiration for her turns into romantic interest. Unfortunately, the native guide (Kizungu's punk ex-boyfriend) turns on Adrian and leaves with most of the expedition crew, stranding Adrian and Kizungu in the thick jungle with almost no equipment or supplies. Of course, that's when the rival team of treasure hunters, who have been sneakily following them all this time, choose to attack...

Oh dear - you see how quickly this whole thing spiraled out of control?"
  Yeah. That. Basically, I just liked the doodle and decided to post it to Scraps on DA, and I made up all that stuff on the spot. This was when I should have been working on my novel, mind.

Which is what I should be doing right now as we speak.

Just saying, though, I found a way to work carnival masks into this chapter, and it makes me so happeeeeeeeee... Also, Nath is hot. Just saying.

Commander Kip
*riding a horse* "There's no steering wheel on mine!" *riding a horse backwards* "Lucky - mine doesn't even have a head!"
Normal is overrated!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And this book will be written when? :D


~Pip

Commander Kip said...

Sometime. It'll have to get in line behind the current one, the steamverse one, the vampires-and-time-travel one, and possibly Portals as well. Although maybe it'll grow on me and move up the list. XD