Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Return to Magic Kingdom + Epcot jaunt

The plan was to do Epcot all day, but Brennie's feet were killing him, so I went back to Magic Kingdom with my dad instead. There were a few rides we hadn't done, and my dad was nice enough to do 'em with me. Like the Haunted Mansion, for example.


And then while we were waiting for our fastpasses on Peter Pan's flight, Dad tossed me on the ferry to Tom Sawyer's Island because he loved it when he was a kid and Brennie didn't let me do it the other day.


And guess what, it was fantastic. Actually, I'm glad I did it with Dad instead of Brennie, because my father is actually a ten-year-old stuck in the body of an overweight, middle-aged man. We felt our way though some dark caves and flailed across the barrel bridge (from the wrong end - we went in the exits of everything.) We shot ALL the rifles in the fort, which made a very satisfying BANG, and then we escaped through the tunnel marked "Escape Tunnel." There he is, manning the fort.


In addition to that very satisfying expedition to Tom Sawyer's Island, we also did the back half of Fantasyland, which Brennie and I also skipped. Ariel's castle is super classy.


So is the Beast's castle, but you can't really see that one up close. Apparently they built a fancy restaurant under it, but we didn't eat there; we had a giant head-sized cinnamon roll at LeFou's tavern instead.


We also did a quick tour of the other sections just for funsies, so Dad could see what was different from the park in California. We ran into yet another street party on the way out and got to see Hatter dance around some more. I just love his enormous hat. And his prosthetic nose.


We then caught a bus to Downtown Disney, where we did a spot of shopping and enjoyed the pleasant evening weather. Also, giant Legothings.


I enjoyed the displays outside the Lego store, but my silly father didn't know who Maleficent was. He thought the dragon was male. Silly Padre.


Also, I feel the need to see Lilo and Stitch again. I don't think I appreciated it fully when I was younger. Because, dude, aliens.


We scarfed down a quick dinner, and then I traded parents and went to Epcot with my mom for the evening. It was already pretty dark when we got there, so I didn't really take pictures, but we had fun anyway. Did the whole back circle and a few of the rides in the front.


I liked the Japan store. Got some awesome geta socks there. Dude, my feet were built for geta. I have this big gap between my big toe and my other toes, probably because I'm a quarter Japanese. Anyway, the socks are super comfortable. We were basically sprinting between shops because it was pretty chilly after the sun went down. But overall, I thought Epcot was cool.


As you can imagine, I'm tired now. I'd like to just sleep for a month or so. But... Universal Studios. I'll sleep when I'm dead. Shouldn't be long now.

Commander Kip
"Space sword!"
Normal is overrated!





No comments: