Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valandra

I may have mentioned that I'm in two Kildahl D&D campaigns this semester. Well, I'm playing this character in both of them, and she's pretty awesome.


Genasi, for the laypeople, are apparently like elemental beings. Valandra in particular is a Windsoul, or storm elemental. Her backstory is that she was kidnapped from the sacred grove she was supposed to protect and sold to an arcane research facility by fortune hunters. They kept her in a five-by-five cage for several hundred years, prodding, examining, cutting her open and sewing her shut, and generally being horrible to her. She was forced to watch the creatures in the cages around her being hauled off for dissection one by one. Over time, she learned to harness her ancestral abilities and escaped from the facility by turning into a whirlwind of sand and pouring through the bars of her cage.

And then she joined a sketchy group of adventures, the members of which have all displayed varying degrees of insanity, and took up the kusari-gama. Because plot. Yeah.

I suspect she looked more like this before she was kidnapped. There's basically no way to make hide armor attractive.



I love running a tank. I can take all the damage! And I can fly 8 squares. It's pretty fantastic. However, I'm finding it weird to not have piles of charisma. Ileana could basically seduce her way in/out of anything, whereas Valandra can barely manage a civil conversation. She offends everybody every time she opens her mouth. I kind of love it. Ian has us fighting the monstrous incarnations of the Seven Sins, and his special combat mechanics are frikkin' cool, and we're all having a marvelous time bellowing at each other. Such great life choices.

So that's D&D right now. There's another thing we're doing in Kildahl right now that's even more fantastic (what, more fantastic than D&D? What?!) but that'll have to wait for the next post, because guaranteed I'll be spewing lots about it. Stay tuned for more roleplaying fun.

Commander Kip
"Kasha, you are noodles. You are MADE of NOODLES."
Normal is overrated!





No comments: