Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mask, fully repaired and back from the kiln

Finally DONE! I actually finished this ages ago, and just now remembered to post it.

Mask done, at long flippin' last:


Doncha just love all the clutter and mess around it? Very proffesional, no? By now I've got it back from the kiln, and it's a lighter color of brownish-tan. My art teacher decided not to have it glazed, because the Clay Guild just got a new glazing kiln that's not quite calibrated yet, and some of the other student's glazed projects came back funky. So I'm just gonna paint it green myself, and slap some air-drying topcoat on it, and call it done. At LAST. Sheesh.
Omg, I just had an awesome idea for a fanart! Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2kmFZTDeY My latest Loreena McKennit obsession. What does it remind you of?
Commander Kip the DONE WITH THE STUPID MASK, FINALLY!
Total Pwnage.
Normal is overrated!

2 comments:

Laini Taylor said...

I love mask-making. I've always thought it would be wonderful to take a class in it in Venice -- don't you think? Imagine getting up in the morning and having pastry and coffee at a little corner cafe, then making your way over some little bridges to a mask workshop and making art until lunch? Yes, I think that must be done some day :-)

Commander Kip said...

My gosh, yes... I love clay. Love it love it love it. Most especially Sculpey, 'cause I'm lazy and it comes in any color you could possibly want plus a few that you don't. But yes - Venice! *swoon* And pastry! Croissants! (Is that how you spell those?)