Thursday, July 9, 2009

Morwyn's House

My brain hurts. DIE, MATH PREP, DIE!!

Hi there. XD Sorry this scanned so light. I can barely see it... *snarl*... Anyway, it's Morwyn's house. I love Morwyn! She's so short and no-nonsense and awesome. And she has crazy white hair. I'm gonna draw a pic of her soon. So this is her little round house, which is normally invisible. It's on a pillar thingy that comes up out of the ground on a bunch of levers and pulleys. She has a back door, but it's down some long twisty tunnel and it hardly ever gets used. There's an echo chamber in the pine grove beside the house that you shout into in order to ask Morwyn to open the door. Not many people know about the chamber (just Kaelo, Gwilan, Croakr, and a few others) because Morwyn doesn't normally do visitors. She's a bit of a recluse and a total pack rat. Seriously, you should see the inside of her house. It's like packed with random stuffs. Here's a snip of Chapter... Three, maybe? Yeah, where Kaelo, Gwilan and Ellian are just getting to Morwyn's house. Morwyn is such fun to write. She trails off in the middle of sentences and sneezes a lot. *happy sigh* I luvz me mah Morwyn indeed.


They scraped the mud and loam off their shoes with a prickly little ball of... something Morwyn kept for that purpose, then stooped to avoid banging their heads on the low door frame and entered Morwyn's dwelling. Inside, the ceiling was just high enough for Kaelo to stand upright. Ellian stood for a moment, Morwyn's booming voice ringing in her ears, to take in the small circular room. There were three windows with cheery green shutters that let in plenty of light. Straight across from the front door was a curtain of green glass leaves crafted to look like hanging vines. Behind the curtain was another doorway. Every inch of the wall that was not taken up by a window or a door was hidden by floor-to-ceiling bookshelves stacked high with books and other items. In the middle of the room stood a heavy square table made of dark polished wood. Stacks of parchment paper and multiple quill pens littered the table, and a short stool sat beside it. The quirkiest thing about the room, Ellian noticed, was that the wooden floor was almost buried beneath a clutter of arbitrary objects - books, scrolls, measuring implements, boots, articles of clothing, dishes, musical instruments and various other things that Ellian didn't even recognize.

Morwyn, Kaelo and Gwilan waded through the minefield of clutter like it wasn't even there, making their way to the table in the center of the room. Ellian followed a bit more cautiously as Morwyn chattered ceaselessly about how long it had been since she had seen the boys and how much they'd grown and so on. "I remember when young Gwil first brought you out here, Kaelo, you were just a little snip of a thing, no more than five aurons, and the both of you had just snuck away from the King's scouting party! Whoo boy, was your father mad! I heard tell that he steamed and stewed for nigh on a week once he got you back. And look at you now, coming up on fourteen and a right young gentlemen; Gwilan too, my word! You were such a squatty little child, I wasn't sure if you were ever going to grow..." Guffawing loudly, she fished an enormous spellbook out from under the paper scattered across the table and heaved it open, scattering dust everywhere. "Whoops, ACHOO! Sorry about that, kids, my housekeeping skills aren't what they used to be..."

"What housekeeping skills?" Kaelo joked, taking in the overflowing room with a wide gesture. "You didn't have any housekeeping skills to begin with, Morwyn dear."

"'S roigh'," Gwilan agreed with a gusty sneeze. "WHAACHOO! Beggin' yer pard'n, Morwyn, y' ain' never got no 'ousekeepin' skills, no 'fence."

"Did I say I was planning on taking any? No, I did not. Now, let me see here... where was that bit I wanted you to read..." Morwyn flipped the pages of the spellbook, causing another minor dust storm. "ACHOO! ACHOO! Ah, here it is. Gather round, youngsters, and read this page here while I see what I can find."



Yeah. Sorry it's so long... but I didn't give you the whole chapter, so be glad and make merry! Just kidding. But that chapter is really long, though it's not as long as Chapter Four. That one holds the current record for longest chapter. I'm still in the middle of Chapter Five, for those of you who care. XD 'Ave a noice day. *tips hat* I love Gwilan's accent.

Commander Kip who is wondering why Blogger made her type that whole fragment out instead of just copying and pasting like normal RAWR
TEEN TITANS! (Maybe you didn't get the memo, Robin, but... you and me can't fly!)
Normal is overrated!

No comments: