Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Flavius haz da madskillz

Yes he does. Alllll the madskillz. A shorter scene that I enjoyed writing a little too much.

I skidded in through the doorway to find the library in flames. Taking an involuntary step back, I scanned the room for Flavius. A glimpse of blue fabric amidst the burning books and furniture sent me dashing into the room, one arm over my face to block out the smoke.
He was slumped against the leg of a reading desk and sporting a lump on the back of his head that was visible even through his hair. I didn’t bother putting out the flames licking at his cloak. I just flung and arm and a leg over my shoulders and fled.
Out in the hallway, I propped him against the wall and set about stamping out his clothes. Only then did I realize how badly my hands were shaking, and I had to sink down beside him and catch my breath. An explosive cough made me glance at him.
Flavius’s eyes blinked open behind cracked spectacles. He coughed again, sending out a small puff of soot, and his hand came up to feel the lump on his head. “Ouch…”
“What happened?” I demanded, still shaky but no longer terrified. “Flavius, why is the library on fire?”
He groaned, closing his eyes and leaning back against the wall. “Fable happened, the slimy sneak. I was researching the Ezroth legends and he came up behind me and brained me with a copy of Pyrodemons: A Complete Index. After that, he must have set the books on fire.”
“Blast,” I muttered, smacking my fist into my leg. “Now we have no reference. Argh!”
“Not only do we have no reference, but the Baroness is going to be furious,” Flavius pointed out, rubbing his head with a grimace.


See? Skillz.

Commander Kip who's about to leave the house, hence the very short post
TEEN TITANS! (Why would I help YOU? *tentacles* Aaaargh, okayokayI'lldoit!)
Normal is overrated!

No comments: