Friday, October 12, 2012

nearly break!

Sup dudes. For me, fall break starts this evening. Heck yeah. But first, I need to edit my Great Con paper. Ulp. 

Campus looks like this right now. It's pretty marvelous.





Omnomnom leaves. Look at this - a gorgeous old harmonium!


There's me dressed as a pirate for International Talk like a Pirate Day. I'm making that face because my phone is demented.


Our awesome box fort, with Alex making a sexyface in the window. It's been fortified substantially since I took this picture (and the walls are slanting less) but we're going to have to deconstruct it somewhat in order to build a tank around Elinor's electric scooter for Halloween.


A terrifying bit of the stairwell in the art building. HOLY CRAP THERE'S LIKE FIVE NESTS OF SILENCE IN HERE. What, what am I talking about?



Three of the maquettes I made for my sculpture class.


So I was gonna go home for fall break, but then I didn't work out a ride and I also discovered that there's a whole bunch of fun stuff going on here. So no. I'll miss seeing my family, of course, but I'll Skype them this weekend. It'll be fine. Since I'm staying here, I get to (1. work a few hours at the dorm front desk, (2. watch Sherlock - I promised Matt I would, (3. play Assassin with some other kids in my dorm, (4. go Halloween costume shopping at Ragstock, (5. go to a drag dance in honor of Coming-Out Week, (6. go to the Firefly marathon at Carleton, (7. and wash my sheets. It should be a pretty awesome break. Although our Great Con professor assigned a buttload of reading, which makes me sad. I thought it was supposed to be a BREAK?... Eh, whatever.

Commander Kip
*hurls self off parapet* "This is what Greek art does to people!"
Normal is overrated!





No comments: