So I'm gonna do another thing. It's sort of like Thing of the Day, where I do it semi-regularly in order to show you guys sumthin I think is cool, but in the case of Top 5, it'll be a list of five things - characters - that all fit into the same category, and five reasons why they fit into said category. For example, this is Top 5 hottest male book characters, and the next top 5 will probably be hottest female book characters. I'll use a picture from the Internet, if I can find one, and a drawing of the character done by me or another artist. This should be fun. Here we go!
(1. Jace Wayland from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Claire
Jace is at the top of the list for me, replacing Kartik, who was at the top of the list previously. Why: (a. He's such a cocky jerk at the beginning of the series, and so hard to get along with, but so hot, and ninja skills, and he slays demons and stuff, and just aaaaugh. And as the story progresses, we find out that his jerkishness is hiding a very sweet, wounded boy, which just makes us love him even more. Angsty backstory for the win. (b. Black tattooey things are never not sexy. (c. One-liners. Jace is the king of one-liners. Everything out of his mouth is hilarious. (d. He has a never-ending supply of angelic weapons on his person at all times. Just knives flying out of everywhere. All the time. It's awesome. (e. He's freaking gorgeous, and he pulls off golden eyes way better than Edward Cullen. Also, he's super hot when he's in pain. Then again, I think that about most hot dudes, because I'm just demented that way.
(2. Artemis Fowl II from the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
Oh, Arty. Little babbie Arty. All growed up now. We grew up together, Artemis and I, and my childhood friendshippy feelings towards him turned into a raging crush. I may have mentioned that I finished The Last Guardian, and yes, I did cry. Partly because it was sad, but mostly because it was over. Anyway, he's second on the list. (a. Criminal. Mastermind. Already I'm in love. And at the beginning, he was a child criminal mastermind. Mr. Colfer, brilliant move. Best antihero-turned-hero ever. (b. Pale, vampiric good looks. Also, different-colored eyes, but that's later. (c. Brilliant, but socially awkward. Because that's always adorable. (d. Fiercely loyal to his friends - and has awesome friends. Probably the funniest, beastiest, quirkiest, most lovable team in all of YA fiction. (e. So much character development. So very much. In the first book, he is so totally Lawful Evil, and by the end, so totally Lawful Good. He goes from kidnapping Holly for fairy gold to *SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER* to keep her safe. A complete flipflop. Of awesomeness.
(3. Dustfinger and/or Farid from the Inkworld trilogy by Cornelia Funke
(Didn't want to use the actors, even though Paul Bettany for Dustfinger was a very good choice, so here's a lovely sketch by GoldSeven on DeviantART.)
Again, I grew up with these two. And I list both of them because I truly do love them equally, and I think they're equally hot. I do not ship them, however, because they both have their own lovely ladies. (a. They play with fire. For a living. The end. Also, they subsequently spend a decent amount of time shirtless, which never hurts. (b. Their coloring. Dustfinger is a pasty redhead. Farid has dark skin and curly dark hair. Both of which I love. And Dustfinger, at least, has the sexy facial scars. (c. They're both so sweet with their ladies. *jealous of the ladies* (d. Spoiler - they both die and are resurrected by a loved one. Points for adorableness. (e. They have horned martins as pets. Horns on things that shouldn't have horns is always a great idea.
(4. Elend Venture from the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
(5. Captain Jack Havock from the Larklight trilogy by Phillip Reeve
Wow, I know a lot of Captain Jacks: this one, Captain Jack Harkness, Captain Jack Sparrow. They're everywhere. And all of them are so freaking hot. But let's talk about Jack Havock for now.
(a. SPACE PIRATE. You all are aware of how much of a thing I have for space pirates. (b. Brown skin and flopsy hair. I am a fan of it. (c. Angsty backstory. Whole family turned into trees. Captured and experimented on for much of his childhood. Forced into piracy to keep himself and his crew of quirky aliens out of the clutches of the British Royal Navy. Angsty backstory stuff. (d. Most of his vocabulary is curse words and "ain't." Because, you know, pirate. (e. He gets shot, bitten, clawed, and otherwise wounded liek all teh tiem, and you know I love it when that happens.
Kay, that's the Top 5 for today. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. If you haven't read any one of those books, read it immediately.
I should prolly do some actual homework now. Wish me luck with that. No Assassins today, which means I get to wear a skirt because I don't have to wear a holster for Sir Beast. Kinda nice for a change. I was getting sick of pants. Watched Atlantis last night, by the way. Forgot how much I love the crew in that one. Particularly Audrey. She kicks butt. Although I love Sweet as well. And Vinny. And Mole. And Mrs. Packard. And Cookie. And Helga, even though she's evil. And I would like to make the argument that Kida has one of the most interesting designs for a Disney princess ever, period. I mean, hello, glowing blue tattoos! And cool hair. Kida is such a babe.
Commander Kip
"Can you swim?" "Yeah, I can swim pretty... girl... good! Pretty - I meant pretty good - pretty - I can swim pretty good."
Normal is overrated!










No comments:
Post a Comment