Sunday, December 7, 2008

Savvy, Part the Second

Good Day, ye prestigious peepuls!

Here be Savvy, Part the Second, Timo's POV. Enjoy, dahlings!


Savvy, part two: Timo
Disclaimer: I only own Timo, Baeli, Derec and Jakky so far. Everybody and everything else is NOT MINE. Got it all from a puzzle box. So yeah, don't sue me.

Dang it, Timo, dang it. You know better than to beat up the equipment. I shook my head, watching the smoke pour out of my cubicle. Stupid, stupid. If only I had waited for Baeli to come deal with it. Then my office wouldn’t be full of fumes, and my computer, and my ego, would be intact. Grr.
Baeli ran up, dragging Derec behind her, as I was scrubbing at my smoke-blackened face with my sleeve. “Hey, there you guys are. S. P. was here a minute ago. He wanted to know why the entire data center smelled like smoke.”
Derec never paused. “Just a sec, I can fix it!” he called over his shoulder, charging into the roiling smog.
Baeli shook her head despairingly. Wisps of acorn-brown hair had fallen free of her customary messy bun, and her rectangular glasses were smudged. “He had the entire tech lab in an uproar. Holy mole. I swear, he’s going to be the death of himself and everyone within a five-mile radius someday…”
I let her rant. She needed to blow off steam sometimes. I always tell her she works too hard, but of course she won’t listen to me.
Within five minutes of Derec’s arrival on the scene, the smoke died down and I was able to enter my cubicle to assess the damage. The first thing Derec had done, apparently, was douse the entire room with a fire extinguisher. The chilly white foam was everywhere. Gobs of it stuck to my shoes as I looked dubiously at Derec’s hasty patch job. “Um, what exactly did you do, Derec?”
He grinned at me impishly, his spiky blonde hair sticking up in every direction. “I plugged it up with fire extinguishing liquid, of course! Handy and effective. Excellent sealant.”
The glare I skewered him with must have cowed him sufficiently, because he added, “It’s only temporary, until I can get back to the tech lab and find you a new cooling fan. That’s what you kicked, by the way.”
“Oh, brother,” Baeli groaned at my apparent stupidity. “You kicked out the cooling fan? Ugh, Timo, do you have any idea how hopeless you are? No wonder it exploded.”
Actually, I wasn’t so concerned with my computer, since I hardly ever used it. But my spy gadgets, sitting on my desk, were currently buried beneath a mountain of fire-extinguishing foam. I began scooping the gooey stuff off my desk, where it fell mostly onto Derec’s head.
He was naturally indignant. “Hey! Watch it, dude! You’re messing up my hair! I just saved you from a very painful death by smoke inhalation, and this is how you repay me?” He scooted backward, under the protective cover of my desk.
I took no notice and continued flinging foam off of my desk. “You covered my office in foam and buried my gadgets, so however messed up your hair gets, it’s your own fault.”
‘Guys!” Baeli shouted. “E-NOUGH! Somebody needs to go find S.P. and explain to him that we didn’t really blow up the entire data center… it just smells like we did.”
“Okay!” Derec made a dash for the door, eager to escape my wrath. Well, too bad. I snagged him by the shirttails. “Derec, you look like the Abominable Snowman or something…” I glanced down at myself. My clothes were sooty, and foam clung to my shoes. “…Come to think of it, so do I. That leaves Baeli.” We both looked at her expectantly.
She frowned at us like a mother berating naughty children. “Yes it does. If S.P. sees either of you like that, he’ll think there was an explosion.” She marched out of the decimated cubicle, calling over her shoulder,” Go clean yourselves off!”

And there you go. What thinkest thou? Interesting? Funny? Hmm?
Commander Kip, over and out.

2 comments:

Lady Arin said...

Wondeful Kip wonderful!!! I really like the whole secret agents thing!!! Ooh, I really love how Baeli says "holy mole!" instead of holy moly -- its sooo much more.....fantasical-ish!!

Arin

Commander Kip said...

Why, thank you, my lady!