Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kipin's Faramir

Quickly, quickly, I still have some chemistry to study and it's kinda the middle of the night and... yeah. Lookie here. *snort* It's supposed to be Faramir. 'Supposed to' being the operative words here. Doesn't look much like him... but it's closer than the guy who played him in the movies! Gaack, that guy drove me to distraction. His hair was the wrong length and color, and he was so darn mean to Frodo, I just wanted to SMITE him! He was so much cooler in the book.

So, about the actual picture... heh... I obviously cannot draw water. Lookit the fountain - it fails at life. Mom says the background it too busy, and I totally agree with her... but I had to put a background, because Faramir wasn't in the middle of the page and looked off-center. So I added that pillar off to the right. Then the pillar looked dumb and boring, so a vine grew on it. Then the pattern of the stones. Then the other pillar right behind him and the outline of Minas Tirith (that's what those tower things are, by the way.) Then a fountain sprouted out of the courtyard, and started spewing fake-looking water, and a few clumps of grass popped up, then some more pillars grew at the other end of the courtyard, and a path behind those. In other words, the background got away from me. I couldn't leave it alone. I finally looked at it and went, 'Holy mole, where the heck did all of THAT come from?' and hastily declared it done. Ahem. So there it is, in all its cluttered glory. I found a picture of movie Faramir online and was able to ignore his face long enough to use his clothes as a reference (but not the Tree of Gondor! I did that part from memory! Phear my madskillz.) I was gonna give him a bow and quiver over his shoulder, but it was way too busy already, plus I was so proud of my Tree of Gondor that I didn't want to hide it under a quiver strap. Modest, aren't I? *snorts with laughter*

One more thing - I got that secret school art project done, and it turned out unbelievably awesome. I can't wait to show you guys! All I gotta do is get a picture, then you can see it. *squees to self* I love how it came out! I'm giving it to my dad to put in his office, 'cause it's his birthday and nobody else in my family gave him presents. Of course, that will never do. So he can have my awesome project. I haven't drawn him anything for his office in forever anyway...

Whoa, crap, lookit the time! I have a test tomorrow morning! Blast! *dashes off to bed*

Commander Kip
Total Pwnage.
Normal is overrated!

4 comments:

Commander Kip said...

Oh yes, did I mention that I fail at architecture? I just now noticed how crooked some of those pillars are...

Lady Arin said...

I likey him! The water does seem to have the appearence of the feathery wings on Edana though.... oh well.....

Commander Kip said...

Haha yeah, just what I was thinking. *sheepish sporfle*

Commander Kip said...

Ooh, that reminds me - I'm drawing a picure with feathery wings in it even now as we speak. Feathers are such great fun. Most especially black ones... bwahahaa...